K_Sketch

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2020
So, we had 2 ducks in May (2020) and this week (10/20) the male flew away joining a local flock in the backyard swamp; He wasn’t the smartest as an obvious black call duck is rare for the wild ducks around the area. Anyway (It’s snowed here) and the female being lonely flew after him... but she wasn’t a strong flyer; and it seems got shun by the wild ducks not even flying to join him “in the wild”. My family is older and cannot raise the single duck at home and I’m gone at work for hours. I saw another thread of (just get another duck) but. I feel it’s not only unfair to the oncoming duck <because they might not get along, nor do we have proper care to honestly keep them> I don’t know what to do, she’s bonded to me and I don’t want to be a bad owner and just “abandon her”. And I don’t know where I could send her (she’s living in a small hutch and a tote: when it’s too cold). PLEASE HELP. I’m a first time duck owner who honestly (hasn’t) properly helped her enough, plus another reason I’m guessing she was rejected was her foot turns into itself slightly. (Not to hurt her too much but; she’s obviously not flying with the flock right now.) please any information is helpful; I don’t know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom