Duck Food

Ducklover1999

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2020
Hello everyone! Okay, I’ve been doing a little research, but wanted to get people who have experience.. their input. My ducks are way ready to get off of started, but I want to make sure I get the best stuff for them. I have males and females. So what can I feed them both? What is best for laying females? Can I feed the males and females the same thing? Thank you!

There is a fairly new food out from Purina called Duck pellets and it's good for both males and females. It is good for them from birth - adult.

The only thing you've got to supplement is oyster shells which should be put in a separate container where the girls can eat it when they need it. They instinctively know when they need to eat it.

If you've got a mixed flock with chickens then you would need an "all flock".

You can see the little oyster shell container I use right behind the water bucket. It's just a plastic coke bottle cut in 1/2 and wired onto the pole so they can't tip it over. I've put drain holes in the bottom of it too.
60622558674__DB917221-97AA-4817-9AB8-AC79D6615C74.JPG

fullsizeoutput_34d2.jpeg

Hello everyone! Okay, I’ve been doing a little research, but wanted to get people who have experience.. their input. My ducks are way ready to get off of started, but I want to make sure I get the best stuff for them. I have males and females. So what can I feed them both? What is best for laying females? Can I feed the males and females the same thing? Thank you!

Most people around here either use All Flock or Flock Raiser, or you could buy a formulated duck feed like Mazuri, although it is more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom