Duck gasping

Pics
Enrofloxacin works very quickly, as in sometimes they are noticeably better in a matter of hours. Give the enrofloxacin for two days past the cessation of symptoms. Does that make sense?
Totally!
Enrofloxacin is somehow the only antibiotics that works for her too!
I hope she recovers soon
I came across your thread when I was googling for Enro effect the other day, so helpful!
Thank you again kathy! ❤️

Last edited:
Hi,
I wanted to update you on Daisy’s situation.
So she had Enrofloxacin for 6 days and her breathing seems to improve, no more heavy breathing ☺
Until today morning , I found Daisy sitting and not moving! Her eyes were barely open and she’s been barely eating anything ever since! Her poop is diarrhetic and green and white!
First I thought maybe it’s the side effects of enro I called a vet she said it’s not likely. Then I had another guess that maybe she’s trying to lay after 6 months. I soaked her in epsom salt bath and massaged her abdomen and still nothing.
I made a homemade electolyte (since the petshops and drugstores are closed) I made her drink it. Still she couldn’t stand or if she did she had penguin-like stance. I had no choice except for taking her to any vet clinic that was open . And The oncall vet had no idea! He said I’m not sure what’s happening 🤦🏻‍♀️ No tests, no samples, nothing!
I’m desperate and can’t figure out what going on🤦🏻‍♀️ Now she’s just drinking water with electrolyte and a few drops of liquid calcium in it. But she’s walking normal-ish.
I wanted to ask does anyone have a duck who has been under surgery for prolapse? Do they lay ever again?
Is there any possibility that she’s egg bound and the doctor was negligent enough to not pay any attention to it?

Last edited:
I also chopped vegetebles plus some of her favorite pellets and oat and wheat and added them to a small water bowl it’s kinda like a soup. She’s not eating them but she seems to like drinking it.

Last edited:
Another update*
I brought leftover foods for a stray cat that was passing by, I left the food on the floor and went back to bring my phone, I came back and saw Daisy eating it! I still can’t believe what I just saw
The food was some kind of persian stew made of sauteed herbs, kidney beans and meat! All day trying to feed her a small amount of food and then seeing her eating meat and kidney beans😅 She didn’t eat much but it’s a good sign, right?
It was so lovely seeing her walking all the way and craving for food ❤️

Back
Top Bottom