Duck gasping

Pics

Maryam.

Songster
Dec 22, 2017
Hey,
My adult duck suddenly started gasping for air half an hour ago, she had some water and she was fine. She was sleeping I heard an unusual sound and I saw her gasping in sleep! Her nares are fine, It doesn’t seem that she has food clogged in her throat, I have no idea what is wrong with her.
I have seen this happening before but it was when they ate nonstop.. She hadn’t eaten anything before she started gasping .
I just added electrolytes to their water cause I read it in a thread ..
Please help

Last edited:
@Maryam. how is your duck doing? if this is respiratory she is going to need an antibiotic.
She is fine and had a good swim today.
I have no idea what was wrong with her. Fortunately they were sleeping inside and I could help her
I’m not sure if it’s respiratory and right now I can’t take her to vet visit. Here we’re home quarantined because of the Coronavirus..

Not many would cull / kill without trying to save them especially if they have an antibiotic to try. Please don’t think that of us @Maryam.
No, I was just shocked cause they don’t have a serious health problem; except for cookie’s laying issue. Also for that I took her to vet again a week ago. The vet gave her oral calcium and said I have to increase the light and decrease the protein of her food.
I would never think that of you; Since they were two little ducklings and I was new to everything you helped me with duck’s diet, medicines and everything. I’m so grateful for everything ❤️

Back
Top Bottom