Duck hatch help please

Thank you all again so much!! It's wonderful to have people who care so much about these little guys :) Hughbert finally decided to get some rest.. His daddy is out searching farm stores now to try and find him a friend.
Awww!! He is adorable!!! :love Oh, you asked about young duckling care... ducks have a niacin deficiency, so if you feed chick starter they will need brewers yeast (1tsp per cup of feed) mixed in until about 10 weeks old... otherwise I would feed them either Purina Flock Raiser or any waterfowl starter feed... anything else you need to know? Just ask away! :)

I saw this on the Internet and it seemed like a good idea, especially for a lone chick or duckling. Feather dusters for snuggling, lol. Also, a little (safe) stuffed animal or unbreakable mirror will help him to feel less alone.

Hello! We went on a hiking trip this weekend and had a pet sitter at our home for our goats, dogs, chickens, etc. We came home to a wonderful surprise! One of our eggs left (we thought the two were duds) hatched!! Hughbert now has a friend as well! We were so excited :) I can't get a pic to post from my phone, but I will try to remember to post from my computer later.

Hello! We went on a hiking trip this weekend and had a pet sitter at our home for our goats, dogs, chickens, etc. We came home to a wonderful surprise! One of our eggs left (we thought the two were duds) hatched!! Hughbert now has a friend as well! We were so excited
smile.png
I can't get a pic to post from my phone, but I will try to remember to post from my computer later.
pop.gif
Congrats!!! very exciting.

Back
Top Bottom