GeckoChicken

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2018
Baby is here! What do I do now? What temp do I set the incubator? Does he look good?
FA83F49F-BE02-41B2-8B2F-E45C38C963AA.jpeg

Attachments

• 7B830F6C-FA3A-4B81-9CDE-6A276F6C6E12.jpeg
    7B830F6C-FA3A-4B81-9CDE-6A276F6C6E12.jpeg
    989.1 KB · Views: 9
The brooder do you mean? Around 90 degrees. Gosh it’s so cute! Cayuga? They are normally exhausted right after hatch. Mine didn’t seem really interested in eating for about a day so don’t be alarmed. How many do you have??
×2 and you'll want the heat off to one side so they can get away from it when they get too hot. I found out the hard way this year that too much heat can cause pasty butt :rolleyes:
So you want around 90 in the warmest spot and not the entire brooder. :)

Is pasty butt a buildup on there arses from too much heat?
Yes it is a build up sticky poo blocking the vent. I think there may be other things that cause it but I believe I had my brooder too warm cause I had it in the house at first for my call ducks. I think they get dehydrated very fast with too much heat is why they can get pasty butt. :confused:

The brooder do you mean? Around 90 degrees. Gosh it’s so cute! Cayuga? They are normally exhausted right after hatch. Mine didn’t seem really interested in eating for about a day so don’t be alarmed. How many do you have??
Yes. Thank you! It is a Cayuga and I should have 2 more hatching in the next couple days. I also will have some Welsh coming! This is my first time so I’m really excited! I have 5 ducks all together. A pair of Cayuga and now the baby. And then a pair of Welsh.

Back
Top Bottom