duck housings

lilfarmboy5

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Does anyone have pictures of there ducks habitat:p?

Planning on starting to raise ducks this summer. Im excited, but curious on everyones set up.

36033_dh2.jpg

Found FREE on Craigslist, very good condition with # gates free also. The house is 4x4x4 1/2', its pretty big!

36033_dh.jpg

put tarp over head for shade and one over roof incase we over looked any gaps til we can check it real good. cold front was coming in and we didnt have a coop for them. And we want to raise it off the ground also.

My enclosure:

10' X 6' dog kennel, with hard plastic netting on top, with a tarp. Stall mats as bedding (You can get at the feed store). It has a doghouse, and a kiddy pool. For while they are still ducklings they have a heat lamp. Their enclosure has slits through the chain link to prevent drafts, on top of the slits we have welded wire mesh around the whole enclosure.
Here are pics (These pics were from before, so some of the mentioned items aren't in here)

sideveiw.jpg

Roof.jpg

frontveiw3.jpg

ducklingsstandingaround.jpg

doghouse.jpg

big_smile.png

I have a set up for my ducks but the female that lays eggs is the only one that uses it..... lol. Now I have there food in it. My ducks just like being outside ALL the time. I do let the free range but not at the moment. The coop has 2 doors which makes for easy cleaning. Also, the latch has been updated. The wood was temporary.

45848_6-24-2010a_1.jpg

45848_6-24-2010a_2.jpg

I got chickens about 2 1/2yrs ago....and I looked on craigslist and Free cycle...and never found anything....now I know that I have to play the game to find things. What I do when I need something is I type in different things such as for examples:
dog houses
play house
play skool houses
coops
houses

I also check in Materials because you might find things to make a coop, I check in every catagory I can think of and when Im checking I get in the morning with coffee, and check for about an hr...then I leave it, and again close to noon again...I try every 2-3hrs real quick if Im near a computer. Thats how I happen to find it, I contacted the guy and he says its a huge house, other ppl came to see it and said forget it!....I said can two women load it, he laughed and said no. I said can I come see it anyway?
and I rushed in 20mins I got there....he saw us and laughed again...we are licensed medics...and Im telling you we always find ways to move heavy patients...and we did it...it was HEAVY!!!! but we used boards to tip it on and then pushed it up into the truck...and got 3 free gates too!!!!

He laughed and said never would have thought two small women could have done that!!! lol

LOL, that's funny. I really think some men underestimate what women can do. Don't tell my hubby I said this
tongue.png
but he sometimes asks me to open jars and other things, hehe. Then again he has PD so that doesn't help, poor hubby.

I've done the different searches like you mentioned. Not as often though, only when I think of it and that's usually when I get bored or am about ready to get off here and go to bed....but end up searching for like an hour, LOL.

I am trying to find some ideas for better housing.... I read shipping crates could be made into houses. Does any one have any ideas? Or pictures of their housing? (under $40 would be nice....)

Back
Top Bottom