Duck Integration Information Overload

How funny. We don't have cats[we have in the past] but up until a few months ago we had 4 dogs. One had cancer and we had to say good bye to her. So I know how easy it is to go over board. My dh does like the birds he just doesn't spend time with them like I do.
He use to say to me, you have too many birds of course I just ignored him and he never says that any longer.
I did tell him if we ever get another dog it will be little and hairless.:p I am so tired of dog hair all over my socks.
My man is always complaining about the cats, but he so loves them. Cracks me up.

In fact the last cat we ended up with us my mom's cat. She moved into a retirement community and couldn't take him. I'd arranged for him to be the "office cat" at the local no-kill shelter. Hubby said, "He can stay until next week." Then he said it again the next week, and so on. That was 10 months ago.

Owner says her duck and both the chickens are female. Oooh.... I am so tempted.... Apparently, she is moving and can't take them. I definitely want the duckie if she appears healthy (she looks great in the pics, but we'll see), but the chickens....

I am cutting it kinda close with the number if birds I have. I have room, but I am nearing the minimum space per birds threshold. I hate to leave them... And they ARE bantams....

WHY???? Why do these birds have to be do addictive???!?!!?
Birds are like potato chips, you can't just have one. It is really hard to say no more.

Aunt Angus

If you were a lil closer I would gladly take those 2 banties off your hands. :highfive:
Other option,,, bring them to Chicago, and we can make the swap right in front of Picaso, Downtown.
1637302617422.png

I got the duckie! She's cute but VERY stressed.

Apparently, she was a gift to their daughter last year. They already had chickens. The chickens "raised" the duck. Daughter went off to college, and they are moving.

She clearly hasn't had access to much water, but she's got clear eyes, clear nostrils, good feet, and I see no signs of lice. She's very shy with me, but I'm sure she'll be happy to be with ducks. She's always been with the chickens only. And she's definitely a girl: she laid an egg in the crate!

They don't know what her name was since she was their daughter's duck. So I just named her Julep.

I'll get pictures in a bit. But she's a good sized Pekin, it would appear.

Back
Top Bottom