Duck Limping for a Few Hours, Fine After Resting

Unfortunately they are both kinda bullies in different ways. Snickers charges Hay Hay whenever he tries to get into a pool and Puddles has recently started pecking at Hay Hay's neck and trying to mount both Snickers and Hay Hay! Unfortunately I don't live in an area where I can get enough females for all of them so hopefully I can keep the situation under control and not have to re-home any of them.
The pecking and mounting behavior sounds a bit more normal. Even my females will do that to each other occasionally. The mounting itself though can cause injuries. The charging is a more aggressive behavior. If I were going to seperate one out it would be Snickers.

The pecking and mounting behavior sounds a bit more normal. Even my females will do that to each other occasionally. The mounting itself though can cause injuries. The charging is a more aggressive behavior. If I were going to seperate one out it would be Snickers.
Thanks! I'll try that.

Do you have more then one water area to swim ?
I have a deeper pond and a kid pool in my run
And then another bigger pond and kid pool in my yard area
I Also have 5 big water dishes set up they can climb in
I find this helps as everyone has an area to go swim and drink
My mom Pekin and dad khaki stick together. Their 5 offspring stick to themselves and my 3 Swedish stick Together
Not sure why my ducks go in their own groups but they do

Do you have more then one water area to swim ?
I have a deeper pond and a kid pool in my run
And then another bigger pond and kid pool in my yard area
I Also have 5 big water dishes set up they can climb in
I find this helps as everyone has an area to go swim and drink
My mom Pekin and dad khaki stick together. Their 5 offspring stick to themselves and my 3 Swedish stick Together
Not sure why my ducks go in their own groups but they do
I only have three little pools right now. I checked out a book to build a pond but my boyfriend needs to be convinced. I'll find some more containers to fill with water and I'm hoping to set up a soldier fly bin that harvests itself to give them something fun to do. I only have the one group of boys and even though they are bullies, they still always stick together and if Hay Hay tries to wander to another pool Snickers will get out of the pool and chase him! So rude!

I only have three little pools right now. I checked out a book to build a pond but my boyfriend needs to be convinced. I'll find some more containers to fill with water and I'm hoping to set up a soldier fly bin that harvests itself to give them something fun to do. I only have the one group of boys and even though they are bullies, they still always stick together and if Hay Hay tries to wander to another pool Snickers will get out of the pool and chase him! So rude!
Having many pools is great
One boy just wants to be nasty
You may have to put the one with attitude on time out at times lol

A little bit. I've found a way to separate them so Hay Hay can have pool time, but when they are all together he still gets bullied. =(
I have all drakes and lots of changing "issues" with them. Most recenlty I have integrated one of two abandoned pekin drakes that I rescued. He has developed a relationship with one of my pekins but he is bottom of the pecking order. The other pekin drake will not let him go into a kiddie pool. I got a second pool and bully drake will be sitting in one -- so the new drake cannot get in -- but when the new drake goes over and gets in the second kiddie pool, bully pekin gets out of his pool and dashes over and pushes him out of it. So for now, The bully boy is separated in the morning -- I put him in a dog crate on my patio -- while the new boy has a kiddie pool to himself. Once he has had a nice splash and bath, I let the older drake out and they have a decent enough relationship. My other three drakes basically ignore the new one, although the third pekin will occasionally charge round chasing the new boy. He is accepting of his place at the bottom of the pecking order. At night, my pekins are all in their own dogcrate in the coop so that hte muscovy cannot exclude them from food and water. I predict that in a couple of months when the drake hormone levels begin to wane, the boys will be all pally again!

I think that with patience and separating the drakes as needed, yours will get back together in the fall when their hormone levels fall

Back
Top Bottom