Duck Mommy Here ‍♀️

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dbianca55, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Dbianca55

Dbianca55 In the Brooder

Jul 24, 2019
    Hello I have been new to the duck mommy life for about 2 months now.. it all started with a tiny little yellow duckling named Sunny. She would chirp sooo much for a whole day and at that point I realised what I got myself into.. i first layed eyes on her at a swap meet here in vegas. She was so cute I had to have her. But as I got her I did my research and found out ducklings could possibly die from being lonely so I looked and looked and couldn't find any ducklings at her age.. so I traveled all the way to California and adopted 2 more ducklings Abby and Gabby... they are muscovy ducks.. and sunny well I found out she is a pekin :) I instantly fell IN LOVE with my duckys ! They are currently 8 to 10 weeks and I still learn everyday there needs and wants. They stay outside most of the day and sleep inside.. They are spoiled :)

I joined BYC in regards to the good answers I saw and the support everyone gives on tough situations.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  2. Eggscaping

Eggscaping Enjoying Life!

Dec 4, 2018
    Portland, Oregon
    [​IMG]

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!
    You're in good company! Lots of folks here love ducks, and have plenty of experience to share. We also love pictures, thank you for sharing photos of your birds!

3. Dbianca55

Dbianca55 In the Brooder

Jul 24, 2019
    Thank you for the warm welcome ! I love animals in general cats dogs birds hamsters Guinea pigs all kinds ! I love all the support everyone gives.

4. 007Sean

007Sean Pheasant Whisperer

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Happy :ya to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

sourland, rjohns39, Pork Pie and 7 others like this.
  5. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your duck's!

6. N F C

N F C Edgar Allan Poe Poe

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Cute ducks, thanks for sharing the photo! You'll find lots of other duck lovers here on BYC. Have you found the duck forum yet?
    Ducks
    smiley duck.gif

sourland, rjohns39, Pork Pie and 5 others like this.
  7. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Your ducks are adorable! Do you have a little pool for them? I had ducks when I was small but we had a pond.

8. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal Flock! :celebrate Best wishes and have lots of fun with your adorable ducks! :wee

9. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki TwatterSpotter

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    sourland, rjohns39, N F C and 3 others like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: