Duck not being him self

SYG SANDMAN

Hatching
Sep 27, 2020
So I have a duck that is any where from 2 to 4 months old just about 20 mins ago he stood up fell on his back and struggled then was slow to get up. I brought him new water and food he ate and drank a little he seems to be slow but not weak he fell asleep standing now is laying down sleeping im so new to this idk what to do was gonna monitor for the night then go to vet in the am. I apretiate any advice or help given.

Hi, there. Welcome to BYC.

Until you can get him to the vet tomorrow morning, just keep him in a dimly lit, stressful free, warm area, with feed and water provided. You can try offering him some soupy feed, or mashed scrambled eggs, but it sounds like he wants to rest.

Ok thanks for the advice I'm gonna stay up with him all night and check on him. My wife's sister got these ducks and wasn't allowed to keep them so I took them because I didn't know where they would go ive only had them for about a month or twobut I'm new to this and it scared me so much I love all animals.

He seems to have a more energy this morning he's running around and playing still monitoring him but I'm trying to make an app with vet

Back
Top Bottom