Duck panting

JamieMcClain

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
My male Muscovy (Aprox 2 months old) is doing a lot of panting. It is hot out but my other ducks and geese seem to be fine. He’s eating and drinking fine. Swims in the pools. But when he lays out or is walking around he pants and pants. Should I be worried? Is it normal for muscovys?

My male Muscovy (Aprox 2 months old) is doing a lot of panting. It is hot out but my other ducks and geese seem to be fine. He’s eating and drinking fine. Swims in the pools. But when he lays out or is walking around he pants and pants. Should I be worried? Is it normal for muscovys?
He is probably very hot! I have a good bit of ducklings right now and one is older then the rest and she pants a lot and she has water! You could give them a treat that cools them down like watermelon, oats, peppermint leaves, fresh water, etc!

is the water hot? i make duck “popsicles” by putting treats in water then freezing it. throw it in the pool and it cools them off and gives them a treat

He is probably very hot! I have a good bit of ducklings right now and one is older then the rest and she pants a lot and she has water! You could give them a treat that cools them down like watermelon, oats, peppermint leaves, fresh water, etc!

I give them frozen peas and berries throughout the day. Their water is all in shade and mostly on concrete so it stays cool. He’s actually the youngest but going through a growth spurt currently.

is the water hot? i make duck “popsicles” by putting treats in water then freezing it. throw it in the pool and it cools them off and gives them a treat

I do this a couple times a day. Most of their waters sit on concrete which helps keep them cool but I put ice in them once a day and refill them at least once a day so they’re cool.

Back
Top Bottom