Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
Last year, we dug a hole in the ground deep enough for an 8 gallon Rubbermaid container, buried it up to the handles and filled it with fresh water. At night, we'd cover it with Plexiglas or plywood and the heat from the ground would keep it from freezing and we'd only have to break a thin layer of ice each morning. It was sometimes tough to empty and refill, but it worked pretty well.

Last year, we dug a hole in the ground deep enough for an 8 gallon Rubbermaid container, buried it up to the handles and filled it with fresh water. At night, we'd cover it with Plexiglas or plywood and the heat from the ground would keep it from freezing and we'd only have to break a thin layer of ice each morning. It was sometimes tough to empty and refill, but it worked pretty well.
Thanks, although it might be hard to do, the ground is completely frozen. I could prob do that when a chonok happens. But again thanks :D

Hi. To the duck owner in COLD Canada. I live in Lindsay Ontario. I have two ponds that i empty every winter and i fill them with straw. My ducks love to gather ontop of that through the day. Last year i got a couple of large black rubber tubs from tsc. They are easy to pick up and dump outside of the run. They are big enough for three or four of them to swim, mate and play in. But still small enough to lift and dump, and because they're rubber you can bang them on the ground to get the ice out and the wont break or crack like other containers. I couldnt go through a winter without them. Angie. Glad to be back on here again.

Thanks, although it might be hard to do, the ground is completely frozen. I could prob do that when a chonok happens. But again thanks :D

Hey Tikkajazz, I had a thought this morning. Do you think a small hoop-house would work to keep a small pool and the area around it thawed?

I am thinking of trying it with translucent plastic facing south, some kind of insulation on the north side, and the opening facing away from the prevailing wind...
If I do it, I'll post back with the results.

Hey Tikkajazz, I had a thought this morning. Do you think a small hoop-house would work to keep a small pool and the area around it thawed?
I am thinking of trying it with translucent plastic facing south, some kind of insulation on the north side, and the opening facing away from the prevailing wind...
If I do it, I'll post back with the results.
A interesting Idea. I'll post pictures of what I have to deal with,

I use this shed for extra storage for my chickens, you know cages, etc. I have a bit more cleaning to do, Outside is left over from the previous owner of the property. So cleaning is going to be a MUST! I have a video as well for the outside. Most it as soon as possible

Back
Top Bottom