Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
You can do it that way too...but...eww! lol! You only need to do it that way if you can only get one end in (like a gas tank) but in a pool or aquarium or other large container just submerge the whole hose like I said. :) My hubby said you can also get a cheap siphon hose in the automotive department at Walmart...no idea what size it would be, but it might be worth checking. :) Glad I could help!

The finished pond! Well, Phase I anyway. Our good friend that does landscape and hardscape work is going to add a small retaining wall on the left side of the pond area for a small pad for us to sit and watch Turner and Tucker as the are sooo relaxing to watch, this was all a project of love for him to do for my bride as she has just been told of a relapse (now stage 4) of her breast cancer. The challenge will be to see if the system will actually keep the water clean ... biofilter and microbes only, ablsoutely no chemicals. Time will tell. About 800-1,000 gallons.

Great pond! What's your biofilter system exactly?

OMG! Thank you for this! We just filled our duck pond cuz i hated bailing it, but for our kio pond that needs to be drained every so often, this is excellent! I actually resorted to sucking on the end of the hose till water came (yea.. don't ask) I had no idea you could get it to drain this way! Where have you been? LOL!!
You can also get a pump that is electric from one of the big box home improvement stores that will have a hose in the pond and a hose doing to where ever you are draining the water ... these are pretty fast for evacuating large gallonage ... costs under $100.

Well today marks the final days for build and fixing the leaks and while we still need a few flowers (the ducks will obviously eat them too) but it's a wrap!
Thats beautiful, truly a labor of Love. Bless you both.
hugs.gif

Got some really crappy news about my wifes Breast Cancer this week so we completed the patio and added the lighting ... I know they babies are spoiled but I guess that is a good thing!

Hey it's me looks like I'm following you all over but I'm not honest. LOL I'm so sorry to hear ya'll got bad news. More treatments?

I'm sorry to hear about your bad news...I've dealt alot with cancer in my family and it's just a horrible thing! Just know that your wife is in my prayers and also you too, it really takes a lot out of you dealing with it. May you and your wife enjoy the beautiful pond and little "get away" for the both of you!

Love this and want to build one. can u tell me how expensive it was to build and it the underground filtration works? My ducks can be messy!!

Back
Top Bottom