Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
@FowlPrincess I'm in the uk and bought online at primrose.co.uk
I'll have a look and see if you can get in US anywhere.

Made by Blagdon, think model is damselfly 1250 costs about £220

Last edited:
We have three duck areas. Each area has a pond. The first pond is for our 7-week-old ducks: This one is for our fully grown (breeding) ducks: And for our ducklings: The two larger ponds were emptied and cleaned out right before I took the pictures, but they are usually very dirty. I probably need to get a skimmer and filter. That's been on my to-do list, but I don't have any idea where to begin and what would be best to get. The little one gets dumped and cleaned daily.
There's a YouTube video of a Scottish man making a homemade filter for his duck pond, using pond grasses and gravel and I borrowed his idea for my pond and I'm really happy with how clear the water is. I used a large concrete planter rather than his barrel, but similar filter material.

I have 12 ducks and 1 gosling. all 3 months and younger. We currently have 3 kiddie pools but I really want to do an in ground pond with a filter to help it stay cleaner and maybe have a drain as well to my trees. I know this has to be possible and would love any ideas. I absolutely love watching my ducks and I think they defiantly need a deeper pool as they really cannot dive in the kiddie pools. (although watching them try is worth every second) .
any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. :)

The pool we started out with. They loved it. We would put them in and then have to climb in and chase them around to grab them to get them out. We now have a pond were working on I'll post.

The pond were working on. They love it. Any suggestions on to make it not so muddy? We don't have a stream or anything that runs into it. We dug the hole in the yard and filled it with the hose.

No problem! It looks like a good size for a nice swim! You can also try to line it with pond liner. This would give you 100% ground coverage. It looks fairly easy to do after watching several YouTube clips.

This is what it looks like and you can line the edges with stepping stones.

No problem! It looks like a good size for a nice swim! You can also try to line it with pond liner. This would give you 100% ground coverage. It looks fairly easy to do after watching several YouTube clips.

This is what it looks like and you can line the edges with stepping stones.

i'm wantin to do something like this, but i dont know how i would clean it because i dont want to have a filter. so im thining of getting one of those big black pool thingo, like the ones that KristiKaty posted. but i'm just wondering about pricing range. does anyone know how much these are?

I usually see those on Craigslist under the "free" section. A lot of people pull them out when the decide they would rather have the space or just can't maintain a pond. I would check there first. You can always buy a new one from Home Depot or shop on Google.
They run anywhere from $70- $350.
Hope this helps :D

Back
Top Bottom