Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics

My goose baby one day old

Ok question for everyone who's posted pics of their setups:

I see a lot of open space, chain link, and bird netting which to me is not predator proof. Do you have issues with that where you live and the netting keeps them out, or have you not had issues before?

I need to come up with a permanent duck home and would love to just make a frame and cover with netting but in my past experience nothing but hardware cloth keeps raccoons and hawks from killing my birds...

Ok question for everyone who's posted pics of their setups:

I see a lot of open space, chain link, and bird netting which to me is not predator proof. Do you have issues with that where you live and the netting keeps them out, or have you not had issues before?
Guess im lucky then as I'm in uk. No racoons here lol. More like 2 legged predators. Cant do much about them
I need to come up with a permanent duck home and would love to just make a frame and cover with netting but in my past experience nothing but hardware cloth keeps raccoons and hawks from killing my birds...

Ok, silly question all. I have 2 Pekins, nearly fully adult feathered. We have a 50 Gallon tub in the run for them. It's an old leftover from my fiancee's family farm, so it isn't really built for ducks. It's deep and compact. Anyway, we just set a board up on the side for them to walk up. When we realized they were having trouble with the incline, we put some little footholds up for them. I've still never seen them get into the tub. I know they want to because they will go over to the side and sort of bump their chests into it (they're not very graceful).

They're waterfowl so obviously access to water is important for them. Any suggestions on a better way for them to get in? I have thought of a little set of steps or whatever, but they thing is they are just so darn awkward. The only way they get any tub time right now is if I go out and pick them up and put them in. Then, by the time I get the second one caught, the first one has bailed out because it was oh so rude of me to plop it in!

Back
Top Bottom