Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
As I said in the posting it is the pond I will be using right now I actually have them in the house on a similar set up just a smaller version it is 6' by 20' and 20" deep same filter and pump my hen call duck is actually hatching a clutch of 11 this week on it the mandarins not yet the **** drake call is still a little to bossy still for them to hook up properly!
Oh yeah!! I remember your AWESOME home set-up! Truely amazing :D!! For the outside 1, I'd remove the hawk statue since they are natural duck predators. Other than that; I want to be like you when I grow up!!! I'm actually 38, lol!

I use the tubs also and they are fantastic!  I have a little pond that I dug next to the kiddie pool and lined both but had to scoop out the water every few days and refill.  Now I'm scooping all of the water out for the winter and I like the idea of filling it with straw, but should I worry about rodents using those areas for a nest?
Oh yeah....and onother thing I do is take out a water jug with hot water in the morning to add to the tubs.  I really don't dump the water out until the sun shines so it's not an ice rink for the ducks.

I know this doesn't sound right, but hot water seems to freeze faster than cold water.

I know this doesn't sound right, but hot water seems to freeze faster than cold water.

Hot water seems to freeze faster than cold water, known as the Mpemba effect. The effect was named after the Tanzanian student who in 1963 noticed that hot ice cream mix freezes faster than a cold one. The effect was first observed by Aristotle in the 4th century BC, then later Francis Bacon and René Descartes.

Hot water seems to freeze faster than cold water, known as the Mpemba effect. The effect was named after the Tanzanian student who in 1963 noticed that hot ice cream mix freezes faster than a cold one. The effect was first observed by Aristotle in the 4th century BC, then later Francis Bacon and René Descartes.
I didn't put in quotes but meant to. Was easier to copy and paste than to try to explain myself.

heres a picture of my new duck pond. 2.4m long, 800mm wide and 400mm deep approx. With pump and filter

I didn't put in quotes but meant to. Was easier to copy and paste than to try to explain myself.

Thank you for the info :). I thought I might have read something about it long ago, but I wasn't sure.

Back
Top Bottom