Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
I usually see those on Craigslist under the "free" section. A lot of people pull them out when the decide they would rather have the space or just can't maintain a pond. I would check there first. You can always buy a new one from Home Depot or shop on Google.
They run anywhere from $70- $350.
Hope this helps
big_smile.png
thanks for the help! i'll give these idea's a try! :)

I like that idea with the pool liner and the rocks around it looks nice. Something I'm going to look into. The ducks love swimming in the pond. It's a good size for the 2 and maybe some babies when she lays. There about 3 1/2 months old, so a couple more months to go!

I acquired a duck about 15 weeks ago. Stella would be her name. I set her up with her pink Wal-Mart pool which worked out well but I felt bad because she could not really float and swim as a duck should. So I did some research and decided t make her a nice swim area. She lives with my chickens with all getting along great. Stella still has her pink pool in the run so that if by chance a chicken gets in it they can get out. I painfully dug a 5' by 5' hole with a depth of 18 inches. After I de-rooted the space I put thick plastic down on the bottom and then a full sheet of plastic over the entire opening. I put 2 inches of sand on the bottom then placed a pool liner I bought from a college student in. I put sand and pavers down to landscape it. I have a fish pond filter in to sift the water and I bough a spa battery operated vacuum to clean her mess off the bottom. I have been floating some greens and spinach in the pond to coax her in but no success yet. She is checking it out so it is a matter of time. It will make me so happy to see her motor around her pond. I will keep you posted on how my cleaning system works out.

I acquired a duck about 15 weeks ago. Stella would be her name. I set her up with her pink Wal-Mart pool which worked out well but I felt bad because she could not really float and swim as a duck should. So I did some research and decided t make her a nice swim area. She lives with my chickens with all getting along great. Stella still has her pink pool in the run so that if by chance a chicken gets in it they can get out. I painfully dug a 5' by 5' hole with a depth of 18 inches. After I de-rooted the space I put thick plastic down on the bottom and then a full sheet of plastic over the entire opening. I put 2 inches of sand on the bottom then placed a pool liner I bought from a college student in. I put sand and pavers down to landscape it. I have a fish pond filter in to sift the water and I bough a spa battery operated vacuum to clean her mess off the bottom. I have been floating some greens and spinach in the pond to coax her in but no success yet. She is checking it out so it is a matter of time. It will make me so happy to see her motor around her pond. I will keep you posted on how my cleaning system works out.

How is Stella liking her new pond? My DH is in the process of making our ducks a pond just like you have made. How is your cleaning system working?

Quote: She is loving it. So far so good. The fish pond filter keeps the water clear just like the fish pounds. There is some algae growing in the liner but I also get that in my fish ponds from the sun. Stella swims along nibbling it. The spy vacuum is working but you have to move slow. I also got a pool net skimmer cheep to get big stuff. Now I only have one duck and the biggest key is to build up the rim/edge so you don't get run off from rain and put the sand and round rock around to keep the mud out. I built up the edge then laid the liner over cut it back and put the pavers on top of the liner then the round rock around. I also dropped some sand too. Overall it ran me about 350 for eve. Now I believe Stella is a Stanley and I here I should get her a mate so she...he wont try to mate with my chickens...and I have a majority of bantams. Hard to find Khakis now. Oh forgot to say the black mat is from Lowes home improvement 8 ish buck and out two down so her nails don't cut the liner. works great. Can't wait to see pics and your ducks swimming.

Last edited:
Rains came before we could line ours so it's all naturale... we don't have to worry about cleaning it. We added the dead tree trunk for shade and protection. I still plan to add more landscaping.

Looking down from the duck pen.

Looking up to the duck pen

Oh to not have to worry about cleaning the **** things!

I'm about 90% complete on mine now - just need to go gravity fed to cut out the weekly pre filter clean out (which is extremely NASTY!)

I've not concreted on the left of the bottom pond as this is where I'll be replacing pipework at some point - I'll add a bog filter at some point too as anything I put in the pond gets eaten in short order!

Here's one of everyone in and enjoying themselves :)

Oh to not have to worry about cleaning the **** things!

I want to make Quackers a pond too, but cleaning it is what's holding me back. :lau

I'm about 90% complete on mine now - just need to go gravity fed to cut out the weekly pre filter clean out (which is extremely NASTY!)

I've not concreted on the left of the bottom pond as this is where I'll be replacing pipework at some point - I'll add a bog filter at some point too as anything I put in the pond gets eaten in short order!

Here's one of everyone in and enjoying themselves :)

I love it! Great setup, can't wait to see it completely finished. Beautiful ducks too. :)

Thanks @Quackers Mama, it won't get finished till next summer now though - so only about 36 pre filter and 18 main filter changes to do before I can improve it!

:(

If I'd known what I was getting into I might have given the pond a miss too! The ducks think it's worth it but they're not the ones up to their elbows in poop every weekend!

Back
Top Bottom