Duck vitamins?

amanda_rimo

Songster
Jun 21, 2023
We currently are purchasing these vitamins and minerals for our ducks and adding it to their water everyday, but our tractor supply is a hit and miss having it in stock. We want to keep giving something very similar to them if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations? We would like to get it in bulk too if possible.
IMG_3092.png
IMG_3093.png

I haven't used that preparation. My preferred preparation for my ducks is Rooster Booster Poultry Cell, from Tractor Supply.

However, I just checked on line and you can get Durvet Vitamins and Minerals at Chewy.com and Amazon.com. Amazon has some larger size options ( 3x 8oz etc).

It's probably available at TSC on line too.

what do you feed them? it’s not necessary to give the extra vitamins all the time if they are on a good feed. i only use vitamins as needed for times of stress or illness. it gets expensive to use them all the time too

what do you feed them? it’s not necessary to give the extra vitamins all the time if they are on a good feed. i only use vitamins as needed for times of stress or illness. it gets expensive to use them all the time too
we feed them Purina duck pellets and add in brewers yeast. We just wanted to make sure they stayed healthy and were getting all their vitamins. Our pekin doesn’t like to eat many fresh fruits and vegetables, so we thought this would be a good supply of extra vitamins. We also add hydrohen to their water to make sure they are staying hydrated.

we feed them Purina duck pellets and add in brewers yeast. We just wanted to make sure they stayed healthy and were getting all their vitamins. Our pekin doesn’t like to eat many fresh fruits and vegetables, so we thought this would be a good supply of extra vitamins. We also add hydrohen to their water to make sure they are staying hydrated.
please read the instructions for hydrohen, i have used it in the past, it has electrolytes and they are not to be given more than one week for 4 to 6 hours each day then stop after one week please stop

Attachments

• 96EF44D0-96D5-46A0-9FE8-B049CFF2604B.jpeg
    96EF44D0-96D5-46A0-9FE8-B049CFF2604B.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 6
Since you are feeding them a formulated pellet for most of their diet I would stop offering vitamins in the water. Also electrolytes should only be added for 1-7 days when an animal is experiencing stress then it should be discontinued. You can have hypo and hyper vitaminosis and both are harmful. Brewers yeast are water soluble so the excess does little harm but even with brewers yeast I personally only supplement it when the ducks are still growing.

it’s actually a good thing your duck didn’t like to eat much else besides his feed, it’s the feed that has all the nutrition , you can keep adding the nutritional yeast or brewer yeast occasionally now, but save your vitamins and electrolytes for when they really need them

Thank you all so much for that helpful information! I thought we were doing something preventative by giving them the extra supplements. Thank you. I appreciate it so much

Do
I haven't used that preparation. My preferred preparation for my ducks is Rooster Booster Poultry Cell, from Tractor Supply.

However, I just checked on line and you can get Durvet Vitamins and Minerals at Chewy.com and Amazon.com. Amazon has some larger size options ( 3x 8oz etc).

It's probably available at TSC on line too.
Do you give it to your ducks everyday? Or just when they are experiencing stress?

No
Do

Do you give it to your ducks everyday? Or just when they are experiencing stress?
Not daily nor regularly. I use it for individual ducks when they are ill and not eating properly. My ducks are on purina duck pellets. I am adding brewer's yeast daily as I have had a niacin deficiency episode this year. Prior to that, I hadn't used brewer's yeast since the ducks were juvenile.

Back
Top Bottom