Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

The same hole that the piece of stick or whatever it was came out of. There's a picture on the first page.
Hows his foot look today? and I love those blue feathers. growing up.
smile.png

Nothing I know of has been said about the current state of the "hole". Are you packing it with triple antibiotic ointment (no pain relief) between soakings? Is there a dressing? Or can poop and straw get back in the hole easily? I don't know about drug interactions with the triple antibiotic ointment and the oral antibiotic. @casportpony ?

The hole has a scab on it now so nothing can get in it. We do have some antibiotic ointment, but my mom said the ES is cleaning his foot just fine. Should I be using that and a bandage?
Here's the hole:

There's a yellowish tint to the swelling:

He had a little family reunion today. He got to see some of his siblings. He was very excited to see them. Here he is with the beautiful Goldie:

:)

Last edited:
My family's home remedy for our children & animals has been (is) hydrogen peroxide or if deeper womb betadine liquid (the brownish stain stuff) 1st : pour on open womb and give lots of cuddling after than lots of triple antibiotic ointment and wrap up and give more loving :)

Thank you, I'll try that too :)

Thank you, I'll try that too
smile.png
Hydrogen peroxide should only be used once for initial cleaning of the wound because it can hurt new skin. But betadine or antibiotic ointment would be fine to use . you may want to pick that scab off after soaking to see if there is any draining that needs to come out and look for any cheesey stuff inside the hole that will be the pus. I'm not sure how you going to get it out though with out digging That will not be easy. . Then you can pack with ointment and wrap till next day and see if that does any good.

Hydrogen peroxide should only be used once for initial cleaning of the wound because it can hurt new skin. But betadine or antibiotic ointment would be fine to use . you may want to pick that scab off after soaking to see if there is any draining that needs to come out and look for any cheesey stuff inside the hole that will be the pus. I'm not sure how you going to get it out though with out digging That will not be easy.  . Then you can pack with ointment and wrap till next day and see if that does any good.

Oh ok. I've been soaking his feet 2-3 times a day. Is that to much? I would have to change the bandages a lot.

Back
Top Bottom