Duck with Swollen Ankle

Oh that's terrible @CayugaJana ... it's a tough decision, but definitely one I've been considering. I'm worried I'm too late already; but she seems to be improving. Could you link the thread you mentioned if there is one? Also, is there any guarantee that antibiotics will solve the issue?
I've got baytril if you are near me. I don't think you can get it at TSC!

Thank you so much for the offer @DuckyDonna . I wonder if it is legal to send meds through the mail? Probably not. Its about 2 hours from where we are, east of Atlanta. I don't think we've ever come that way. @Gerty0630 how's your duck doing?

Anyone know if it's possible to give too much calcium? I gave them some eggshell yesterday; free-choice but I accidentally mixed it in when I put their feed away for tonight. I don't know if she's had some eggshell by accident. She is eating drinking and doing all other duck activities - except walking.

Reason I ask is because usually when I give her a soak, by the time she is done the water is pretty brown from poop... but today it was clean. Can't feel an egg so don't think she is egg bound.

Egg shell surely won’t hurt her. I have a Runner female on an antibiotic right now for bumble foot which hasn’t come to a head yet. Antibiotics can help with infections

Phew she pooped... first a milky white liquid and now this.
IMG_4771.JPG
IMG_6442.JPG

Thank you so much for the offer @DuckyDonna . I wonder if it is legal to send meds through the mail? Probably not. Its about 2 hours from where we are, east of Atlanta. I don't think we've ever come that way. @Gerty0630 how's your duck doing?

Anyone know if it's possible to give too much calcium? I gave them some eggshell yesterday; free-choice but I accidentally mixed it in when I put their feed away for tonight. I don't know if she's had some eggshell by accident. She is eating drinking and doing all other duck activities - except walking.
I got the baytil though the mail so I'm sure it's fine. You must be in Gwinett county which is about 1 1/2 hours away.

Back
Top Bottom