Duck with wet feather

BEEiscool-

Hatching
Nov 17, 2015
Hi hi!
I am hoping someone has a cure for a duck with wet feather. Currently I have just the two - my drake is fine but my female has had wet feather for a while.
I have tried keeping her dry with the hair dryer after swims. I've separated them the past week in case his useless attempts at mating (so far unsuccessful, but that's another story), have been irritating her. There is no sign of mites, and she has been having layer pellets mixed with a tea spoon of spirulina powder along with free range to bugs etc.
If any one has any further ideas, PLEASE let me know. I'm desperate!
TIA :)

Have you checked if her preen gland is maybe clogged or not functioning correctly? I honestly don't have much experience with that myself, but if you do a quick search here I think you should be able to find some good information on preen gland issues. Good luck!

Some ducks have greater nutritional needs than others. I would give her poultry vitamins in her water once or twice a week for a while.

How long since she has molted? She may indeed need a rest from the drake. How much does she eat in a day?

She should be molting now I think. There is feathers everywhere from my drake. She eats quite a lot of food. Always has been a jumbo duck. Poultry vitamins seem seem the go for for while. Anything particular I'm looking for? :)

Back
Top Bottom