Ducken: Boy? Girl? Help!

MisaF

Songster
5 Years
Jul 25, 2018
Montgomery, NY
OK awesome duck folks, I need your help. Is Charles Duckens a boy? Here’s a video where you can hear him starting to quack or whatever he’s doing.

As a complete newb, I have no useful information, but I'm laughing hysterically at "Charles Duckens".

My husband named the first duck, as an "obviously", then we just continued with the superhero name theme.

I once had a mischief of rats all named after famous scientists.

Duckens is 4.5 weeks. The peeping is just starting to be replaced by quacking sounds when he/she is upset. Today is the first day I’m kind of forcing him/her to spend time outside without me. I’m still watching just from a further distance. He’s an only duck so far but I hoped the hens would be some company (roosters are locked away because they want to eat Duckens). I’m going to get another duck or two but I wanted to wait until I know what sex Duckens is.

How old? It sounds to me like a female just getting her quack.

Duckens is 4.5 weeks. The peeping is just starting to be replaced by quacking sounds when he/she is upset. Today is the first day I’m kind of forcing him/her to spend time outside without me. I’m still watching just from a further distance. He’s an only duck so far but I hoped the hens would be some company (roosters are locked away because they want to eat Duckens). I’m going to get another duck or two but I wanted to wait until I know what sex Duckens is.
I would say female.

Back
Top Bottom