Duckies!

I have a 7 month old female pekin, do you think she would mother the baby and help her recover ? Or would that be a bad idea to introduce them so soon?

I've never had a Duck take babies that weren't hers, I wouldn't try it, Too much stress on the baby and it probably wont even work. Pekins aren't know for their mothering skills either.

She keeps violently shaking her head back and forth and regurgitating food or water all over the place until she falls on her butt. Then will wait a few seconds get up and drink, is that indicative of something specific ? I got a video of half of it but idk how to upload it to show you guys

She keeps violently shaking her head back and forth and regurgitating food or water all over the place until she falls on her butt. Then will wait a few seconds get up and drink, is that indicative of something specific ? I got a video of half of it but idk how to upload it to show you guys

They usually do that when they swallow something to fast, or have something in their mouth. To post a video, upload it to Vimeo or Youtube then copy/paste the link here.

Back
Top Bottom