Duckling born with no legs

What if you find someone to develop or your develop track! On the track there is a chicken / ducking wheelchair. But since the duck has no legs, the wheel chair would be remote controlled. The chair could be programmed to follow to track, like a train, and stop and certain pit stops. At one pit stop, there could be food. At another water. And others with open fields for the duckling to graze. Lastly, once or twice a day, you could take the duckling out to swim! You could at least try it! I think it might work!

In the pics that were posted it looks like there are short stumps.

Pics are in my he post linked below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/duckling-born-with-no-legs.1485655/post-24766011
Ah, I see. I still see a long road ahead. When people get prosthetics, they get a lot of PT, counseling, and instruction to teach them how to use them. You can't tell an animal how to use prosthetics. I'm not trying to be negative here, just practical. Whatever happens, I wish the best outcome for this little guy.

If I were in this situation I would be in quite the predicament myself. But I say if you have the time, patience, and dedication, have at it! I feel if you have the ability to help then, well, help! You're giving him a second chance at life, and that is huge for this little guy. I look forward to looking in on this story more as it develops.
Best of luck! :fl

After reaching out to 23 vets in the Houston are I found out that they are not vets they are just dog and cat doctors not what a definition of a real vet is and nobody is whiling to help , I reached out to several rescues even outside of my city and they don’t want to take him in I even offer to make a donation or something and they say no . They only decent rescue that was kind enough to reply was wildlife rescue and rehabilitation in San Antonio and this was their answer

Thank you for contacting Wildlife Rescue regarding the ducking. Unfortunately, either leg, this ducklings prognosis is very poor. He will not be able to move around for food, water or shelter or ever live a normal life. We have seen ducks and ducklings with missing limbs, far less severe than this and they end up developing pressure sores from their body always been pressed against the ground. As he grows and develops, he would likely attempt to use his wings to move which would also cause damage to the bones, feathers and ultimately end up in sores on the wings as well. It is likely that he never fully developed in the egg. It is very sad that he appears otherwise healthy but euthanasia is the most humane option for him

Back
Top Bottom