Duckling colors

Chick N Momma

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 12, 2013
Valatie, NY
I apologize if this has been addressed already.

I have 6 ducklings. Four of them are Khaki Campbells. Two of them are Blue Indian Runners.

The 2 Blue Indian Runner ducklings are yellow. Is that what they are supposed to be? I have looked online and thought I saw that ducklings are blue!? That would make sense. But mine are yellow?

And three Khaki Campbells are GREY while the other is brown. From what I can see, the Khaki's are supposed to be brown?? I'm so confused!!
barnie.gif

Thanks for any help, links or information anyone can give me.

I bought them special order through our local Agway. They get their poultry from Privett Hatchery in New Mexico. Maybe I should just contact them? Perhaps THEY can tell me??

Yellow becomes white
Grey becomes a beautiful silver
Brown is brown. You have one khaki. The grey that turns to silver is amazing really. I'm sorry u didnt get what you ordered but they sound pretty.

Any idea what I DO have then? I can't seem to figure it out!?

Here's a couple of pictures showing the definite difference in the colors. Even the 2 yellow ducklings which are supposed to be Blue Indian Runners are different color from each other - one being lighter.

Last edited:
I apologize if this has been addressed already. 

I have 6 ducklings.  Four of them are Khaki Campbells.  Two of them are Blue Indian Runners.

The 2 Blue Indian Runner ducklings are yellow.  Is that what they are supposed to be?  I have looked online and thought I saw that ducklings are blue!?  That would make sense.  But mine are yellow?

And three Khaki Campbells are GREY while the other is brown.  From what I can see, the Khaki's are supposed to be brown??  I'm so confused!!  :barnie

Thanks for any help, links or information anyone can give me.

On the KC thread there were 2 others that had Grey Campbells!

I think the grey are runners. Brown kc. Light colors are fawn runners. I think. I have runners. They are hilarious to watch. Outside they drop there eggs while running. The hens have a unique quack. Mine sounds just like a chain saw idleing. Hope I'm right. The bills give runners away.

I got these ducks at Orschlins. They were in a mixed straight run. Can anyone tell me what they are. And can you tell if they are mallards or rouens? Which I think they are one of those.

Any idea what I DO have then? I can't seem to figure it out!?

Here's a couple of pictures showing the definite difference in the colors. Even the 2 yellow ducklings which are supposed to be Blue Indian Runners are different color from each other - one being lighter.

From these pictures it looks like you got 3 blue runners (the gray ones), 2 silver or maybe lavender runners (I don't think they are fawn or white because they'd have pink bills), and 1 khaki campbell (brown).

The lavender and silver runners grow up looking quite beautiful, so I'd be a little jealous if that's what you got
wink.png

Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom