Duckling Don't Videos

Did she say she took the ducklings from their mama I didn’t see that

I tried to cut-and-paste quote her, but it didn't work for some reason. Still, in both videos she states the lake behind her house isn't safe (even under a mother's care) as justification for swiping them. I think that if they'd been orphaned/lost she wouldn't have said that. And that tells me she added that part to justify her duckling-napping.

I'll readily admit that my "passion for justice" here contains at least a little bit of envy. The ducklings in the videos really are cute - especially in the second one where they're flapping their tiny wings. I'm kind of cultivating my distaste for her actions because I know that with a slight reduction in ethics, judgement and impulse control, come Spring, I could be her. There's more than a few open pond area around where I live that certainly have ducks and ducklings on them.

I tried to cut-and-paste quote her, but it didn't work for some reason. Still, in both videos she states the lake behind her house isn't safe (even under a mother's care) as justification for swiping them. I think that if they'd been orphaned/lost she wouldn't have said that. And that tells me she added that part to justify her duckling-napping.

I'll readily admit that my "passion for justice" here contains at least a little bit of envy. The ducklings in the videos really are cute - especially in the second one where they're flapping their tiny wings. I'm kind of cultivating my distaste for her actions because I know that with a slight reduction in ethics, judgement and impulse control, come Spring, I could be her. There's more than a few open pond area around where I live that certainly have ducks and ducklings on them.
I certainly don't advocate the "rescuing" of wild ducks or their babies.
I am also not a huge fan of seeing people keep house ducks or chickens for a variety of reasons. It's not a real great idea for sanitary reasons and I feel flock animals are happier outside with a flock.
I have however brought ducks inside for a time either to photograph them medicate them ..or to simply enjoy them for a spell and I have posted videos and pictures of such times in the past..
I would sure hate to think someone used one of my videos to illustrate how NOT to raise ducks. . ouch.
It seems your making a few assumptions. Blankets can be washed if soiled. I ain't skeerd of a little sh**. ;)

One more point and then I'll :duc
My dogs are great around my ducks. Even the tiny calls.
I also find that bringing them in the house for visits sometimes can help your dogs or cats to understand that these little creatures "belong" and are not to messed with.
I'm not saying dogs don't kill birds. . I'm just saying they have to learn not to somehow.

I certainly don't advocate the "rescuing" of wild ducks or their babies.
I am also not a huge fan of seeing people keep house ducks or chickens for a variety of reasons. It's not a real great idea for sanitary reasons and I feel flock animals are happier outside with a flock.
I have however brought ducks inside for a time either to photograph them medicate them ..or to simply enjoy them for a spell and I have posted videos and pictures of such times in the past..
I would sure hate to think someone used one of my videos to illustrate how NOT to raise ducks. . ouch.
It seems your making a few assumptions. Blankets can be washed if soiled. I ain't skeerd of a little sh**. ;)

I freely admit that I'm making assumptions - or at least potentially incorrect deductions.

In terms of intentions/desires I'm not much better than this woman. Ideally, I would want a duckling, singular, that I would keep inside the house except for controlled "play times" outside. And there would be some inexpensive treatment I would give to cause the duckling to cease growing/maturing at around three-four weeks of age.

But that can't work. Ducklings grow into ducks. And ducks need a bare minimum of one other duck to remain somewhat mentally healthy. They also need to be outside and protected.

I'm completely fine with people bringing ducks inside for photographs and videos.

When it comes down to it I'm not even very bothered by people who (illegally) rescue and adopt as pets ducks injured in the wild or, especially, orphaned/lost ducklings.

But this woman just seems to be the "perfect storm." Not just one of those "Easter duckling" people who get a baby duck because it's cute even when they're not willing to put in the time/effort to properly care for it but someone who took ducklings from the care of a wild mother biologically and instinctively equipped to care for her brood.

How do we know that you wont mistreat ducks? We dont and never will... But we wont profile you just because we dont know you

You don't know if I'll mistreat ducks. For that matter I don't know if I'll mistreat them. Mistreatment doesn't have to be deliberate abuse or cruelty. It can be neglect, either physical or emotional. It could simple ignorance or bad assumptions about diet, shelter, environment or medical issues. That's one of the main reasons that I have not and for the near future will not get ducklings.

I believe this woman mistreated her ducks because she mistreated her ducks. Taking ducklings in the wild from their mother is mistreatment.

Back
Top Bottom