Duckling nostril closing!! Help

They will usually put their whole heads under water then sneeze the water out their nose multiple times to clear it. It's a pretty distinct "ksst ksst ksst" noise, so make sure they are doing that. If you have a bath or big sink you can fill it with warmish water for them to have a swim also, they will naturally try to clean their nostrils by dunking their head in the water too.

Here is a good picture. I think it is boogers. I used warm water and some got moved

Attachments

• FFC531F8-118A-4617-A568-5BCAE4923FC9.jpeg
    FFC531F8-118A-4617-A568-5BCAE4923FC9.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 19
And it has been blowing into the water just not like it’s whole head bill to eyes
Are you able to fill up a sink a few inches deep so they can get there whole head, to the neck, submerged in water? That may help if she can do that. It will only need to be a few inches deep, but I wouldn't worry to much about drowning if you are there with them. I would go with 4-6 inches of water.
When my broody hatched ducklings, as soon as they were about a week old, we let them out into out 1 foot deep pond supervised with momma. All 3 ducklings had a hay day diving underwater, swimming for a few seconds and popping back up. They would dive under and you could see there little bodies zipping under the surface. 🥰
Try to get them something they can submerge in if possible, and you can supervise them.

I’ve let them swim in warm water 3 times today but she only puts her bill not her whole head. I’m a lite worried about the babe with the leg issue
For the little one with the leg issue, add the supplements to the feed that @Miss Lydia suggested above. @Isaac 0 may also be able to shed some light on that, since you said the leg issue started when you had them on proper ducking feed right?
It may be something other then a Niacin deficiency.
Can you get a video of the baby with the leg issue? To post it, you have to upload it to Youtube or another video platform, then copy and paste the link here.

Yeah it started when on proper feed. I can’t get supplements at the moment because the nearest feed store is an hour drive there.
Okay I’ll try to upload that video. But hit just sits down most of the time, the legs are a little bow legged but not that bad so I don’t think that’s it. When it does walk it is constantly falling and whenever I’m holding it it starts freaking out when I stand up (maybe she just doesn’t want to move bc it’s high or I’m hurting her leg moving?) and the other duckling with a clogged bill like backs up randomly and looks like it can’t control where it’s going. These poor babies:( well I’ll try to upload that video

Back
Top Bottom