Duckling Respiratory Problems

A_Duck_Named_HappyFeet

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2019
Hey everyone! I need help with my ducklings respiratory problems. If your curious to hear what she sounds like here is a link:

Be aware though the camera is bad and yes I already know that his eyes are squint. I need help on what to treat her. If you hear in the video, every time she breaths she makes a sound in her nose, almost as if her nose is clocked or stiff. I give her a tub of water and I have separated her from the rest of the flock in case she is really sick. I give her baths around 9 am where she can dunk her head in. I also give her a large water container so she can dunk her head in there too. I just want to know how can I treat her, if I can treat her, or is she either gonna die or not. If you are able to tell me at least some information that you think might help. THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Make sure it has access to the deep water for cleaning out his nose at all times. You could try getting some VetRX and putting a couple drops in its nares, then rub a little around its eyes.

Make sure the brooder that you're keeping him in stays clean and dry. Any dirty, damp environment will grow mold quickly which is damaging to their health. I know it's hard with ducks to keep it dry. Also, no cedar bedding!

My favorite brooder bedding, especially with waterfowl is pine pellets...you can find it with the horse stable supplies.
Screenshot_20191118-034428_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191115-214716_Chrome.jpg

Make sure it has access to the deep water for cleaning out his nose at all times. You could try getting some VetRX and putting a couple drops in its nares, then rub a little around its eyes.

Make sure the brooder that you're keeping him in stays clean and dry. Any dirty, damp environment will grow mold quickly which is damaging to their health. I know it's hard with ducks to keep it dry. Also, no cedar bedding!

My favorite brooder bedding, especially with waterfowl is pine pellets...you can find it with the horse stable supplies.
View attachment 1966308 View attachment 1966309

Thank you so much! Your a life saver!

Back
Top Bottom