Duckling split order from Holderread?

Savvy

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 20, 2012
Would anyone in Washington state be interested in splitting an order from Holderread? This would be my first order through them but I only need 2 of the 10 duckling minimum! I'd order through Metzer so that I could get that 2 minimum, but no Dutch Hookbills there!

I've posted in my local Craigslist and asked around, but I'm having trouble finding anyone else to go in on this with me. I'm paying the shipping and I'm more than happy to deliver to anywhere in Washington state. :)

(If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. New to these parts!)

i live in rainier or acrost the river from longview wa how much do the dutch hookbills cost? i might be able to go in with you please send me all the info
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
HI.. Im also interested. I have a deposit already in with Haldereads and told them I would order the ten duck minimum of Silkie ducks... Id rather not get that many since I realy only want a couple...

Where are you located? I am in Yelm.

Hi Alicia!
I'm located near the Tri-cities, but the drive would definitely not be a problem for me. If you're already in on an order maybe you could swap out a couple silkies for show quality Dutch Hookbills and I could come pick them up from you?

How many silkies would be your choice amount?

I PM'd poultry09 with some information but haven't heard back yet so I'm not sure how many they're wanting, but could be we could even split between the three of us if you're wanting less than 8.
You two are close enough together that I could deliver to them after I've picked up from you or something similar.

Thanks for replying!

Last edited:
Not exactly sure, but I think Longview, WA is about 150 miles from me... Are you sure you want to make that drive?? Coming for the tri cities, I guess whats a another hundred or more miles?? LOL..

But, let me know if you hear from the other person about what they want..After we get it all figured out, I will confirm with Holdereads about the order...

How are we going to do this when it comes to payment? Are we each going to pay holdereads for the ones we want and one of us pay shipping and have them all shipped here? Or would I pay the complete order and then collect from the rest of you upon pickup?? Either way is fine with me...

Do you know when holdereads need final payment? Ive sent them an email, but havent heard back yet..

do yuguys know if you can mix an match breeds cause i would love some show quality hookbills and some show quality indian runners to

and if possible would anyone want to split an order of goslings? i want a show quality pair of american blues or lavender ice

Im trying to get a auto sexing shetland.. BUT I only need one female.. I cant get any if I have to order a pair or straight run.. I dont have the room for any extra ganders as Ive already got one pair of roman tufteds and a single pilgrim gander.. I want the shetland as a mate for the pilgrim.,

And, yes.. we can order as many as we want of any breed as long as we get the minimum order..How many of each breed do you want?? I want at least 4 (Im getting aussies spotted instead of the silkies)

this might sound stupid but i have never ordered any birds from any where so i would like to order with some one who knows what their doing even tho i can meet the minimum requirements so i was thinking 5 indian runners and 5 hookbills but maybe even some welsh harlequins. and it would be best to order two auto sexing shetland scence they come st run unless you order a pair

If Holderreads would accept separate payments for the same order that could work, that just seems a little more complicated, I'm not sure. I could send you the money for my ducks and even the shipping cost before you place the order, since you already have a deposit going with them. Don't want to make you feel nervous about it or anything so I could get the money to you beforehand if that would help. The drive really isn't a problem for me but Poultry - if you can meet the minimum requirements for an order you might want to just do that separately so the ducks go straight to you. That would be simpler I think!

Let me give it some more thought and see if I can take more than the two- and I'm gonna get in touch with Holderreads to ask them about the payment. I think maybe they don't check e-mail all that often?

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom