duckling with leaking yolk??

All three babies are doing great.
hooray, are they snuggling with a stuffed toy? Sweet little things.

Haha oh man I don't know if I am ready for an upside downer on my first incubation/hatching experience ever! But it is good to know I can get guidance from someone who knows what to do if that does happen.
smile.png
I was thinking of letting the fluid-in-the-air-cell one hatch broad side up in an egg carton - would it be better for me to just lay that one down soightly tilted like you said?
Ducks should be laying down.

can you send a pic of this fluid in the air cell one???

Ducks should be laying down. 

can you send a pic of this fluid in the air cell one???

I just tried to take a pic and I'm not coordinated enough haha - have to hold the flashlight and egg in one hand and the ipad in the other. (I don't have another camera device) :-/ And while I was attempting this, my almost two year old came and grabbed an egg that was sitting in the bator with a probably bacteria-laden hand :barnie

Anyway, if you need a oic I can try later with the DH's help. The air cell is a saddle air cell and has what looks like about 1/3 teaspoon worth of clear liquid in it, which likes to sit in the dip of the air cell of course.

Last edited:
I just tried to take a pic and I'm not coordinated enough haha - have to hold the flashlight and egg in one hand and the ipad in the other. (I don't have another camera device) :-/ And while I was attempting this, my almost two year old came and grabbed an egg that was sitting in the bator with a probably bacteria-laden hand
barnie.gif

Anyway, if you need a oic I can try later with the DH's help. The air cell is a saddle air cell and has what looks like about 1/3 teaspoon worth of clear liquid in it, which likes to sit in the dip of the air cell of course.

Yeh try to get a pic when you can.

K here is a pic - hope you can see enough; we obviously don't have the most high-tech candling device nor camera.
smile.png
the darkest grey part in the dip of the air cell there is the fluid.
OK I see TWo shadowy parts to this, is the shadowy part your saying moving around inside that shell?

Yes the darkest shadow part in the dip has the liquid and that moves around in the air cell. I read a suggestion once to have the egg turned at "lockdown" to where the liquid sits away from the dip in the air cell since that is usually where the chick/duckling internally pips - do you think that's a good start?

Yes the darkest shadow part in the dip has the liquid and that moves around in the air cell. I read a suggestion once to have the egg turned at "lockdown" to where the liquid sits away from the dip in the air cell since that is usually where the chick/duckling internally pips - do you think that's a good start?
Are they still alive? I'm worried they might drown. when you lock them down, candle them each day check to see if that liquid stuff isn't growing, if it is I would poke a small hole to release it so that they can dry up inside. But I wouldn't want to do that until then...

Back
Top Bottom