duckling with leaking yolk??

Excellent job!

Lacrystol... or anyone... do you think the sticky stuff might be the allantois? I have been trying to figure it out, but I'm still not sure. Or maybe the amnion??

If there's no other eggs in with her, lower that humidity get it down to about 50, otherwise she'll stay to wet. 

Second, get her on a wired flooring.  Paper towels are to slipper and will cause her to get spaddled legs, then you have another issue. 

Third get some Vitamin B complete at your store, put one pill in each quart of water, she will need that once she has dried off. 

I usually don't move mine until it's been 24 hours to make sure they are completely dried.  They can survive without food or water for 3 days but I do not advise you wait that long.

Also very important since you are now her new mommy, Ducks don't like to be by themselves so have a stuffed animal ready for her, I have heard some people using a mirror, so when they see themselves they think they are looking at another duck. LOL

One last thing, you will have to show her how to drink just take your finger and wiggle it in the water once she's in the broody room,  the wiggling of the water will get her interest..

And please don't take her swimming unless she is one week old, it takes that long for them to develop there own oils to help them stay afloat, otherwise there little fuzzy hair/feathers will act like a sponge and can weigh them down causing them to drown.. 

There are other eggs that are due Saturday. So don't want to drop the humidity too much.

for the floor, i put a cloth towel over the wire mesh so it would be more cozy. Is that ok or should it be wire?

I'll pick up the vitamins on my way home.

Maw maw checked on her at lunch and said she was doing good
1f606.png

There are other eggs that are due Saturday. So don't want to drop the humidity too much.

for the floor, i put a cloth towel over the wire mesh so it would be more cozy. Is that ok or should it be wire?

I'll pick up the vitamins on my way home.

Nope leave leave that humidity right where it's at. Maybe a to y bit lower like in the high 60s 68 65 something like that.

Back
Top Bottom