Duckling with squishy and soft belly

I’ve been keeping him around 95F but the heavier breathing continues even when cooler so I don’t think it’s temp related.
He’s definitely improved overnight - I’ve been waking up every couple hours to feed and his appetite has really kicked in.

Got a boot on it and so far so good.
I’ve simply not had this happen with any others. We dont like to assist but felt that it was needed in his case - we’ve noticed that his bill is quite a bit smaller than the other’s and perhaps part of why he couldn’t externally pip on his own. That and he was definitely positioned wrong in shell.
We’ve had a duckling before internally pip but took too long to react and died in shell as it couldn’t externally pip, so maybe we acted too soon with that experience in mind.
Either way, he’s doing a lot better today.
Stronger peep, head control is better, a more normal appetite. Wanting to move around. Had some small poops but we need to clean his butt as one has stuck to the feathers >.> but other than that he’s definitely stronger.

Thank you all
That’s great news
Assisting is hard as sometimes we go a bit early or to late
I’m your case you saved him and he is already doing better
Don’t regret helping him :)
I have no problem assisting and they have done just fine
My first assists are 16 months old and doing great
Strong and healthy birds

I’ve been keeping him around 95F but the heavier breathing continues even when cooler so I don’t think it’s temp related.
He’s definitely improved overnight - I’ve been waking up every couple hours to feed and his appetite has really kicked in.

Got a boot on it and so far so good.
I’ve simply not had this happen with any others. We dont like to assist but felt that it was needed in his case - we’ve noticed that his bill is quite a bit smaller than the other’s and perhaps part of why he couldn’t externally pip on his own. That and he was definitely positioned wrong in shell.
We’ve had a duckling before internally pip but took too long to react and died in shell as it couldn’t externally pip, so maybe we acted too soon with that experience in mind.
Either way, he’s doing a lot better today.
Stronger peep, head control is better, a more normal appetite. Wanting to move around. Had some small poops but we need to clean his butt as one has stuck to the feathers >.> but other than that he’s definitely stronger.

Thank you all
How do you make a boot? My duckling is the same way big tummy

Back
Top Bottom