Ducklings and Chicks

It is 6 sq ft.
I hadn’t , but I can go bigger if I need to
For chicks, minimum recommendation on here is 1 sq ft per chick in floor space by 4 weeks old, 2 sq ft by 8. My own opinion is that's too small, I give them 2 sq ft per chick before 2 weeks and they are absolutely exploding off the walls with energy.

I don't know the space requirement for ducklings but as they're larger it's likely higher than chicks. But for sake of argument I'll use the same number for them too, which means for 8 babies overall you're looking for at least 16 sq ft at 8 weeks old.

G
For chicks, minimum recommendation on here is 1 sq ft per chick in floor space by 4 weeks old, 2 sq ft by 8. My own opinion is that's too small, I give them 2 sq ft per chick before 2 weeks and they are absolutely exploding off the walls with energy.

I don't know the space requirement for ducklings but as they're larger it's likely higher than chicks. But for sake of argument I'll use the same number for them too, which means for 8 babies overall you're looking for at least 16 sq ft at 8 weeks old.
Gotcha. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom