A picture would help to see how old they are. If they are really new and don't have feathers they need heat.

Not sure id assume they are sick.

A picture would help to see how old they are. If they are really new and don't have feathers they need heat.

Not sure id assume they are sick.

Attachments

• C3CCED61-15E9-4261-A9BE-B8EED61B6CA1.jpeg
    C3CCED61-15E9-4261-A9BE-B8EED61B6CA1.jpeg
    493.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 034FE7F4-FA42-446E-B63B-143FC4E04807.jpeg
    034FE7F4-FA42-446E-B63B-143FC4E04807.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 7
They are pretty small. We have a space heater that we have had on them almost constantly. However, we don’t have a heat lamp on them. They had been pretty active before passing

They are pretty small. We have a space heater that we have had on them almost constantly. However, we don’t have a heat lamp on them. They had been pretty active before passing
Yeah they are brand new. Temp in the enclosure should be at least 100 degrees for the first week of life. If you don't have a heat lamp, a heating pad can get you by.

Id wager just about anything they are dying from low body temp and lack of essential nutrients.

If you have some eggs on hand, you can offer a yolk to it, and even put some on your finger and dab it in its beak.

For the water, you can just mix in molasses, sugar or RAW honey. Again, get a drop on your finger and slide it into the beak. Don't syringe or anything crazy, it is really easy to aspirate them. Avoid the salt and baking soda from the previous post - those will further dehydration in some cases.

Yeah they are brand new. Temp in the enclosure should be at least 100 degrees for the first week of life. If you don't have a heat lamp, a heating pad can get you by.

Id wager just about anything they are dying from low body temp and lack of essential nutrients.

If you have some eggs on hand, you can offer a yolk to it, and even put some on your finger and dab it in its beak.

For the water, you can just mix in molasses, sugar or RAW honey. Again, get a drop on your finger and slide it into the beak. Don't syringe or anything crazy, it is really easy to aspirate them. Avoid the salt and baking soda from the previous post - those will further dehydration in some cases.
Okay, got it! I attempted to give them sugar water as soon as we found them but it didn’t seem like they took any of it. I have a heating pad on hand I’ll try!

Okay, yes! I put them in warm water and mixed raw honey in the water. They seem to be doing much much better!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 7
Okay, got it! I attempted to give them sugar water as soon as we found them but it didn’t seem like they took any of it. I have a heating pad on hand I’ll try!
👍

If you are able to drape it over something, so it can go underneath it, but not be smothered by it, that is good.

Not sure what your intention is with it, but if you are thinking about keeping it, I'd suggest:
1. Go to a feed store and get something called nutri-drentch tomorrow. It is a water additive that is loaded with things it needs and will help with hydration.
2. Consider a companion of the same age (if your life circumstance allows). A feed store chick or duckling, would be great - something so it wont be alone. Poultry and fowl are flock animals and can become quite depressed if alone.

Back
Top Bottom