Ducklings in critical condition NEED HELP!!!

TheReadyBoys

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 2, 2012
P.E.I, Canada
Today when the ducklings went outside, they were beat up and cut/scratched. I know that the drake is doing this, because he always chases them and pecks them. I have separated them, with the mother and the ducklings in a small pen, and the drake and the other duck in another. The ducklings are falling on there backs and laying there, and one ducklings neck is bent, but I don't think it is broken. There is one duckling who isn't injured, or doesn't show it. HELP NEEDED!!!!

first make sure that any cuts that they have are clean to prevent infection. make sure that there is some soft bedding for them to lay on. let them rest for a little while. if they have any internal injuries moving around will only make them worse. they are probably just a little sore and tired and need to lay down for a while. if the mother seems stressed, then you should put the injured ducklings in a separate pen.
the one with the bent neck may have to be put in its own pen/brooder so that the other ducklings don't step on it and break it for real. it may be fractured, so jostling it around will likely cause it to snap. as long as it stays still, it should heal, if maybe a little crooked.
if they don't improve in a few hours then reply with an update.

Did you not separate them yesterday when I advised you to?
I wasn't at my house last night, I was at the campground and I didn't have time to go home! D:

Although, they are already getting better, and they are up and about. They are eating and drinking, and they look to back to normal. I will keep and eye on them.

I wasn't at my house last night, I was at the campground and I didn't have time to go home! D: 

Although, they are already getting better, and they are up and about. They are eating and drinking, and they look to back to normal. I will keep and eye on them.

I'm very sorry they were hurt... you can also give them some organic apple cider vinegar in their water. Might help pep them up. Hope they continue to improve.

I'm very sorry they were hurt... you can also give them some organic apple cider vinegar in their water. Might help pep them up. Hope they continue to improve.
Thanks, they look better already.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom