Ducklings moving outside

3littlemandarins

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2023
Hello everyone, my 3 mandarin ducklings are just over a month now and spend most of the day outside. I am planning to build an outdoor coop next week and I am wondering when they can move outside permanently. They will have a house inside the coop that they will go in during the night. I have attached a picture of them so you can see what they are looking like. Thank you!
EE5D45F9-7148-49FD-BA95-0CEB9F0459B7.jpeg

Hello everyone, my 3 mandarin ducklings are just over a month now and spend most of the day outside. I am planning to build an outdoor coop next week and I am wondering when they can move outside permanently. They will have a house inside the coop that they will go in during the night. I have attached a picture of them so you can see what they are looking like. Thank you!View attachment 3575603
What are your lows?
They're plenty feathered out enough to go outside permanently now.
Make sure your coop/run is big, they need a lot of space.

What are your lows?
They're plenty feathered out enough to go outside permanently now.
Make sure your coop/run is big, they need a lot of space.
The lowest it gets is about 12 degrees celsius. They will have a 9ft by 6ft coop and a 9ft by 6ft run onto the grass that they will have access to whenever I am home which is the majority of the time. They also have a 6ft by 4ft pool. Would this be okay?

Back
Top Bottom