ducklings pic

Bisqit&Gravy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
My guys are doing great but got booted to the garage yesterday. I cleaned them in the morning before I left and in the evening when I got home but the stink would run ya out of the room. Didn't bother me but the poor hubby was gagging...hahaha
Tiny "Crusty" the duckling that looked horrible Tuesday is doing great!! I'm shocked at how much it had grown 2 days. It's catching up very quickly. I even noticed it today shoving thru the big ones to get to the food.

Here they are....so far my upside down rubber maid lid is helping to keep that part of the cage dry:)

Picture038.jpg

They are pekins. These are the ones my chicken sat on b/c my girls had no interest in sitting on them. I'm thinking now it was b/c they didn't have the perfect spot?? My ducks yard is connected to my deck so they can go under there. We haven't found any eggs the past few days and knwo why now. They have a nice huge nest under the deck next to the house. I stole the eggs...no more duckies for a bit.

I remember when Cheese and Quackers were babies....didn't stay babies for long.

Awwww, they are sooo cute! Is Crusty (heehee) in the picture?

I love ducks! They have so much personality. One of ours has gotten so loud that we are going to call the duck house "The Quack Shack".

Yes, Crustys in the pic. The short one on the left that looks like it got hit on the back of the head. I'm really hoping it's girl b/c I might be keeping it. It acts wierd. Plus, it's eyes have been infected since I decrusted them from the poop and I'm treating that. The bubbles in it's feet webbing that I drained haven't filled back up yet. The skin looks horrible on the feet so I've check it 2-3 times a day.

Bisqit&Gravy I
love.gif
the little ducklings.
I haven Rouens and they too grew very quickly. the 3 ducklings we got a year ago we named Peanut, Butter & Cracker. I thought it was kinda of funny we both had ducks named cracker. We still have Peanut, Cracker was taken by a coon last summer and Butter just died 2 months ago. But I found 11 Juvenile Rouens to keep Peanut busy.
wee.gif

Your little darlings are soo sweet. Good luck with them
clap.gif
Oh by the way our little place here had been named the Gravy Ranch. So your'e welcome to visit anytime Bisqit&Gravy I'm sure you would feel right at home.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom