1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ducklings pic

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    My guys are doing great but got booted to the garage yesterday. I cleaned them in the morning before I left and in the evening when I got home but the stink would run ya out of the room. Didn't bother me but the poor hubby was gagging...hahaha
    Tiny "Crusty" the duckling that looked horrible Tuesday is doing great!! I'm shocked at how much it had grown 2 days. It's catching up very quickly. I even noticed it today shoving thru the big ones to get to the food.

Here they are....so far my upside down rubber maid lid is helping to keep that part of the cage dry:)

[​IMG]

2. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

How precious!!

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    What cutie pies. [​IMG] What kind are they?

4. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Sweet! You're going to be stunned at how fast they grow!

5. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    They are pekins. These are the ones my chicken sat on b/c my girls had no interest in sitting on them. I'm thinking now it was b/c they didn't have the perfect spot?? My ducks yard is connected to my deck so they can go under there. We haven't found any eggs the past few days and knwo why now. They have a nice huge nest under the deck next to the house. I stole the eggs...no more duckies for a bit.

I remember when Cheese and Quackers were babies....didn't stay babies for long.

6. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    You'll be surprised alright. Just wait till their 1 week and don't fit into the palm of your hand any more. [​IMG]

7. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    Awwww, they are sooo cute! Is Crusty (heehee) in the picture?

I love ducks! They have so much personality. One of ours has gotten so loud that we are going to call the duck house "The Quack Shack".

8. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    Yes, Crustys in the pic. The short one on the left that looks like it got hit on the back of the head. I'm really hoping it's girl b/c I might be keeping it. It acts wierd. Plus, it's eyes have been infected since I decrusted them from the poop and I'm treating that. The bubbles in it's feet webbing that I drained haven't filled back up yet. The skin looks horrible on the feet so I've check it 2-3 times a day.

9. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    Oh, they're adorable! Ducklings always look like they're smiling to me.

10. karanleaf

karanleaf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    Glenwood, Missouri
    Bisqit&Gravy I [​IMG] the little ducklings.
    I haven Rouens and they too grew very quickly. the 3 ducklings we got a year ago we named Peanut, Butter & Cracker. I thought it was kinda of funny we both had ducks named cracker. We still have Peanut, Cracker was taken by a coon last summer and Butter just died 2 months ago. But I found 11 Juvenile Rouens to keep Peanut busy. [​IMG]
    Your little darlings are soo sweet. Good luck with them [​IMG] Oh by the way our little place here had been named the Gravy Ranch. So your'e welcome to visit anytime Bisqit&Gravy I'm sure you would feel right at home. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by