Ducklings with foot problems. Help?

The yellow stuff is poop right? Or a part of what is concerning you? For the most part their feet look like duck feet to me otherwise. Maybe I should click on the photo to make it bigger? I could be missing something. LOL I need more coffee
No, it's not poop. The cracked yellow stuff is their skin and it's rock hard.

This picture is dark, but I think it best represents what I'm looking at. You can see both foot pads, but the one in the back is a little bit less obvious.

Last edited:
That is definitely not bumblefoot! Wow. Hmmm! I have googled quite a bit and have found nothing yet.
Thanks for trying. I've been researching for the past 3 days and I've also come up with nothing which is why I decided to start this thread. Once again, thanks for trying to help. Hopefully someone will come along and know what it is.

Makes me think some kind of infection. But it doesn't look like it's running, maybe try some kind of antibiotic salve like tripel antibiotic or neo sporin soak their lil feet good in some warm epsom salt water then pat dry and slather on the salve. do this in the eve. when you put them to bed so they hopefully aren't getting their feet wet and wash it off. and I don't know what your temps are in Minn. but even at 5 weeks they need to be in a warm draft free dry place.

Makes me think some kind of infection. But it doesn't look like it's running, maybe try some kind of antibiotic salve like tripel antibiotic or neo sporin soak their lil feet good in some warm epsom salt water then pat dry and slather on the salve. do this in the eve. when you put them to bed so they hopefully aren't getting their feet wet and wash it off. and I don't know what your temps are in Minn. but even at 5 weeks they need to be in a warm draft free dry place.
Do you think it's fungal? I know packed straw can really harbor fungal growth. I wonder of monistat or something might be useful if so?

Do you think it's fungal? I know packed straw can really harbor fungal growth. I wonder of monistat or something might be useful if so?
I say it couldn't hurt to try some kind of fungal ointment. I think I'd take them off of the straw and put them on pine shaving, it's absorbs so much better and stays drier. of course with ducks it needs to be refreshed often. to keep it dry.

Back
Top Bottom