Ducklings

@Miss Lydia
Would hard-boiled egg yolk mixed with water be worth trying? I've offered it to some of my weak looking hatchlings in the past and they seemed to like it but that was years ago when I didn't know much about anything. Not that I know much now! My theory was egg yolks have gobs of good nutritional stuff. Maybe with a touch of molasses?

Only problem with him not having his head up. I’d be worried if chocking. What can you get in the UK for poultry in the way of vitamins? You could also try a little sugar water use warm water not cold.

Local pet store has this or something similar

Attachments

• 2DF132CE-600D-4E72-9107-7A1F29609C71.png
    2DF132CE-600D-4E72-9107-7A1F29609C71.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Thanks. Will do when it opens in the morning. I powdered some chick crumb up with some yeast in warm water- he’s taken about 1/2 ml from a syringe. He’s so wriggly- I put him in a old sock whilst I fed him so he didn’t get wet/cold and so I could keep a bit of a hold of him. He managed to wriggle out of the sock.

What a cutie!! Hopefully starting him on the vita will get him going in the right direction. When you offer the sludge be sure to offer fresh warm water too.

Back
Top Bottom