Ducks and chicken attacked

Get some Vetericyn Wound Spray or Hibiclens and water, and spray the wounds. Water or saline will work until you can get one of those. Then apply plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment to the open wounds. You may need your parents to help you examine them to see if it might be best to put her down. Vent damage can affect her ability to poop and lay eggs. Watch for infection, and help her to eat and dry by offering them. Keep her isolated in a dog crate. Be sure to make your coop predator proof today because the raccoon will be back again. So sorry for your loss. Permethrin can be helpful to treat flies, but can be toxic if you raise bees.
Thanks for the help. We’ll be fixing up their enclosure today and I may move the rest of my flock into my basement at night so no predators can get to them.

For the hen (chicken) is that beside the vent? Is her vent intact or is it ripped as well?

You've been given good suggestions from everyone. I hope they both make a full recovery.

I know it's a difficult time, but consider fortifying your coop/run/housing - a predator will return.
I can’t tell if her vent is currently intact but I’m going to be checking as I clean her up and update on here for anymore questions

I can’t tell if her vent is currently intact but I’m going to be checking as I clean her up and update on here for anymore questions
Her vent is intact, it is mostly above it where most of her tail feathers are. She has been able to use the bathroom. I cleaned her off and removed feathers that were getting in the way. She has also stopped bleeding.

Her vent is intact, it is mostly above it where most of her tail feathers are. She has been able to use the bathroom. I cleaned her off and removed feathers that were getting in the way. She has also stopped bleeding.
The vent being intact and her being able to poop is a good thing.

Also do note that I got a a dropper for the duck since she is able to swallow. Her main issue is due to the blood and swelling it’s difficult for her to see in order to drink or eat. She’s in a very small bath so she can drink since she can feel the water. And she has been happily drinking from a dropper

Back
Top Bottom