Ducks ans geese

Kaford

Songster
Nov 22, 2021
Hey there!
I have 2 Chinese geese and I think its 2 males. We've had them for about 2 years now since they were goslings.. ive been debating on adding ducks but I'm not sure if the geese would accept ducks.

I keep my geese separate from my ducks. I tried putting them together, but the geese were too aggressive on showing dominance. I think it works better if you have a large flock, but I only have two Geese and 13 ducks. (and two chickens)

I keep my geese separate from my ducks. I tried putting them together, but the geese were too aggressive on showing dominance. I think it works better if you have a large flock, but I only have two Geese and 13 ducks. (and two chickens)
Yeah we started out with 2 geese and 2 ducks and the 2 geese made it into adult hood.. the ducks didn't make it out of the brooder... I love the idea of ducks but I'm used to chickens and ducks seem overly complicated lol

I think it depends on the bird. I had 8 ducks and got a pair of Africans 3rd hand. The goose loved the ducks and would follow them everywhere. The gander was indifferent outside of breeding season. One of their goslings grew up to be a duck chaser. They all complain, or cheer, loudly at duck mating.

They free range together but have a separate duck escape area in the sleeping coop. Do you have room for a duck-only sleeping area?

Since you have only ganders I'd be especially concerned during mating season. The ganders will breed the ducks.

Back
Top Bottom