Ducks are good at hiding symptoms..

Avian vets are few an far between here too. Especially if you live rural an many of us do. That’s why so many of us rely on BYC and ourselves. We don’t know all the answers and would never want anyone to think we do, many of us go by what we’ve experienced and try to help that way. But many times there just isn’t anything we can do and we’ll lose one or more if you’ve been caring for poultry for awhile. Makes me feel sad when I give advise an someone still looses their duck.:hit

Avian vets are few an far between here too. Especially if you live rural an many of us do. That’s why so many of us rely on BYC and ourselves. We don’t know all the answers and would never want anyone to think we do, many of us go by what we’ve experienced and try to help that way. But many times there just isn’t anything we can do and we’ll lose one or more if you’ve been caring for poultry for awhile. Makes me feel sad when I give advise an someone still looses their duck.:hit
That’s too bad😞 I wished more people would consider it for their specialties..
You’ve helped us so much and I couldn’t thank you enough :hugs

Last edited:
I agree. Here In the USA vet care is so expensive. Many can’t afford to even take their ducks or other animals to one.
Oh! I’ve heard about that. I’ve seen so many people from the USA start campaigns(gofundme, ..) for their pet’s vet care. Animals are so important, It shouldn’t be like that😞
Generally healthcare(for humans or animals) in Iran is not that expensive especially if one have good health insurance..

Thats good. It can be that way here too.

How's Cookie and You doing today?
I’m trying my best, but my heart aches when I think about her and the last few days..
Well cookie, she’s not okay at all. She’s been following me all day like when they were ducklings, It’s like she’s afraid to be alone and without me or maybe she’s looking for Daisy 😞 , She makes loud noises even if I leave for a few minutes. Her appetite is not as good as always too.
I don’t know if ducks can grieve but I think she’s grieving 😭

They do grieve. Do you think you’ll get another duck so Cookie can have a friend?
How could we live without her😞
Cookie’s also panting so much! Can this also be because of mourning?
At the moment I can’t really think about it, but I think I have to. I’ve been by cookie’s side all day kissing her but she’s not well at all..

Back
Top Bottom