Ducks chickens and roundworms

melissacoleman

Chirping
Dec 15, 2019
Had chickens for 4 years, never had a problem w worms. As soon as I added 1 female duck, all of a sudden one of my leghorns got like 20 half alive looking roundworms in her poo. Could it be my sweet duck, Clover? I dump and wash both her pools once daily. I hear I need to make sure grass is short, I regularly intermittently give 2percent of their food as diatenatious earth, when I saw the yucky spaghetti worms I dewormed w fenbendazole all the birds. Wondering if duck had gapeworm. Is the duck a factor, this all happened 10 weeks after I got the duck. What should I do or add now? Ty so much. I love Clover the duck. We also have 2 9 week old baby chicks, half silkie half sexlink. We have a closed flock due to a cold mareks and have done pretty well breeding mareks resistant chickens that r adorable too

Had chickens for 4 years, never had a problem w worms. As soon as I added 1 female duck, all of a sudden one of my leghorns got like 20 half alive looking roundworms in her poo. Could it be my sweet duck, Clover? I dump and wash both her pools once daily. I hear I need to make sure grass is short, I regularly intermittently give 2percent of their food as diatenatious earth, when I saw the yucky spaghetti worms I dewormed w fenbendazole all the birds. Wondering if duck had gapeworm. Is the duck a factor, this all happened 10 weeks after I got the duck. What should I do or add now? Ty so much. I love Clover the duck. We also have 2 9 week old baby chicks, half silkie half sexlink. We have a closed flock due to a cold mareks and have done pretty well breeding mareks resistant chickens that r adorable too. Also what do I do w the feed on the ground leftover bc flies get on the old feed? I’ve been pouring diatenatious earth over the areas. They free range on 3/4 acre so the food is spread out quite a bit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 7
This product has worked very well! As of now, instead of 20 moving spaghetti worms, after 3rd day only 2 very shriveled roundworms. Decided to add one extra day then complete with day 10 after. This product works! Also I’m emptying Clovers (duck) pool twice daily instead of once and moving the pool around to different spots in the yard. She’s so sweet when I’m filling her pool she nibbles on my leg and when her buddy our only silkie hen comes out she frieks out and quacks excitEdly and starts gently nibbling on her best friend

Back
Top Bottom