Ducks eye severely pecked at

PearlTheDuck

Songster
5 Years
Oct 19, 2016
Texas
posting this in this forum because I put it in another forum that I realised was not the correct one to post this...

Picture:

Will her eye heal on its own? What could I put on it? And She keeps squinting her eye. its a bit watery and seems a little swollen

Last edited:
posting this in this forum because I put it in another forum that I realised was not the correct one to post this...

Picture:

Will her eye heal on its own? What could I put on it? And She keeps squinting her eye. its a bit watery and seems a little swollen

If possible, a vet should examine her eye. If that's not an option, I'd clean it with a saline rinse and then apply an ophthalmic gel or ointment - should be specially formulated for use in the eye - like Vetericyn ophthalmic gel or Terramycin ophthalmic ointment (Terramycin has an antibiotic in it).

Best wishes for her recovery.

If possible, a vet should examine her eye. If that's not an option, I'd clean it with a saline rinse and then apply an ophthalmic gel or ointment - should be specially formulated for use in the eye - like Vetericyn ophthalmic gel or Terramycin ophthalmic ointment (Terramycin has an antibiotic in it). 

Best wishes for her recovery.

Vet is not an option. Luckily I already have some saline rinse and Terramycin.
Her eye stopped bleeding and is not as swollen today. thank you so much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom