DUCKS IN FLORIDA!! iTs the stupid freakin law, I am pissed off!

I'm in South Florida and I have ducks. Swedish Blues, but they can't fly. They think they can every morning til 2 hit trees. Hilarious!

They ran off a breeding pair of Mallards. They ran off a whole family of Wood Ducks. They chase the ponies out of the pond.

Anyway, my point being, that may be the law but good luck enforcing it. I have 5 farm stores around me and they all sell chicks and ducklings of all varieties. I have a friend in Wellington who has over 40 ducks that just free-range all over his property. I would say 75% are Indian Runners. Its very exclusive and no one has said a word. He is right on a major canal and his ducks often cross over for a feed while the Fish & Game guys are there and no one says "boo".

How were you discovered? And really, what are they gonna do?

Quote:
Pekins are specifically excluded...its in the wording... also in Duval county they are the only ducks carried by feed stores (suddenly)...

sorry you got a bad answer but it says in the statue that pekin are excluded...

I have room for 2 pekin ducks (but no drakes) if you want...

Game Farm
Authorizes the captive rearing of native or nonnative game birds and game mammals. Includes chucars, ducks, geese, pheasant, quail partridges, turkeys, deer, and other game species. This license does not authorize the taking of or keeping of any game removed from the wild.
Cost: $50.00

For Additional Information
Breeding Game Birds and Game Mammals
Conditional and Prohibited Species Regulations

Exemptions (you may not need this permit if you fall into these categories)
Bison Farm (Commercial)
Any commercial bison farming operation.
Game Bird Eggs for Consumption
Persons purchasing or receiving eggs for food or consumptive purposes.
Quail and Nonnative Game Birds (Personal Use)
Any person possessing or raising 50 or fewer live bob white quail or non-native game birds (except non-native ducks and geese) for personal use, consumption, educational, dog training or other not-for-sale or exhibition purpose.

How to Apply for this License
Game Farm License

Authorities for this License
379.211 Florida Statutes
379.3711 Florida Statutes
68A-12.011 Florida Administrative Code
68A-9.002 Florida Administrative Code

ok so here's the scoop- above are listed the Statues we'd need to look up, 68A-(et all) is already posted in this thread in it's entirety at the top... so that leaves 379.(et all)

http://law.onecle.com/florida/natural-resources-conservation-reclamation-and-use/379.211.html :

Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XXVIII Natural Resources; Conservation, Reclamation, and Use Section 379.101 Definitions.

Legal Research Home > Florida Laws > Natural Resources Conservation Reclamation and Use > Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XXVIII Natural Resources; Conservation, Reclamation, and Use Section 379.101 Definitions.

379.211 State Game Trust Fund.
The funds resulting from the operation of the commission and from the administration of the laws and regulations pertaining to birds, game, fur-bearing animals, freshwater fish, reptiles, and amphibians, together with any other funds specifically provided for such purposes shall constitute the State Game Trust Fund and shall be used by the commission as it shall deem fit in carrying out the provisions hereof and for no other purposes, except that annual use fees deposited into the trust fund from the sale of the Largemouth Bass license plate may be expended for the purposes provided under s. 320.08058(17). The commission may not obligate itself beyond the current resources of the State Game Trust Fund unless specifically so authorized by the Legislature.

History.--s. 13, ch. 13644, 1929; s. 1, ch. 17016, 1935; CGL 1936 Supp. 1977(3); s. 7, ch. 22858, 1945; s. 14, ch. 2007-223; s. 78, ch. 2008-4; s. 20, ch. 2008-247.

Note.--Former s. 372.09.

Sections: Previous 379.203 379.204 379.205 379.206 379.207 379.208 379.209 379.211 379.212 379.2201 379.2202 379.2203 379.2211 379.2212 379.2213 Next

Last modified: March 26, 2010

So that's the first one...

379.304 Exhibition or sale of wildlife.

(1) Permits issued pursuant to s. 379.3761 and places where wildlife is kept or held in captivity shall be subject to inspection by officers of the commission at all times. The commission shall have the power to release or confiscate any specimens of any wildlife, specifically birds, mammals, amphibians, or reptiles, whether indigenous to the state or not, when it is found that conditions under which they are being confined are unsanitary, or unsafe to the public in any manner, or that the species of wildlife are being maltreated, mistreated, or neglected or kept in any manner contrary to the provisions of chapter 828, any such permit to the contrary notwithstanding. Before any such wildlife is confiscated or released under the authority of this section, the owner thereof shall have been advised in writing of the existence of such unsatisfactory conditions; the owner shall have been given 30 days in which to correct such conditions; the owner shall have failed to correct such conditions; the owner shall have had an opportunity for a proceeding pursuant to chapter 120; and the commission shall have ordered such confiscation or release after careful consideration of all evidence in the particular case in question. The final order of the commission shall constitute final agency action.

(2) In instances where wildlife is seized or taken into custody by the commission, said owner or possessor of such wildlife shall be responsible for payment of all expenses relative to the capture, transport, boarding, veterinary care, or other costs associated with or incurred due to seizure or custody of wildlife. Such expenses shall be paid by said owner or possessor upon any conviction or finding of guilt of a criminal or noncriminal violation, regardless of adjudication or plea entered, of any provision of chapter 828 or this chapter, or rule of the commission or if such violation is disposed of under s. 921.187. Failure to pay such expense may be grounds for revocation or denial of permits to such individual to possess wildlife.

(3) Any animal on exhibit of a type capable of contracting or transmitting rabies shall be immunized against rabies.

(4) The commission is authorized to adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of this section.

(5) A violation of this section is punishable as provided by s. 379.4015.

History.--s. 1, ch. 67-290; s. 16, ch. 78-95; s. 32, ch. 83-218; s. 8, ch. 91-134; s. 5, ch. 98-333; s. 173, ch. 99-245; s. 33, ch. 2002-46; s. 9, ch. 2003-151; s. 107, ch. 2008-247; s. 33, ch. 2009-86.

Note.--Former s. 372.921(4)-(6), (9), (10).

Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XXVIII Natural Resources; Conservation, Reclamation, and Use Section 379.101 Definitions.

Legal Research Home > Florida Laws > Natural Resources Conservation Reclamation and Use > Florida Laws: FL Statutes - Title XXVIII Natural Resources; Conservation, Reclamation, and Use Section 379.101 Definitions.

379.3711 License fee for private game preserves and farms.
The license fee for establishing, maintaining, and operating a private preserve and farm pursuant to s. 379.302 is $50 per year. The fee is payable to the commission and shall be deposited in the State Game Trust Fund.

History.--s. 157, ch. 2008-247.

Sections: Previous 379.364 379.365 379.366 379.367 379.3671 379.368 379.369 379.3711 379.3712 379.372 379.373 379.374 379.3751 379.3752 379.3761 Next

Last modified: March 26, 2010​

I sell Runner & Pekin ducklings and advertise. Today I had a call from a guy wanting 1 duckling. I told him I dont sell single ducks or ducklings. He said I only want 1 for my daughter so she can raise it for a few weeks and then we can take it to the lake to release it. I was like
duc.gif
smack.gif
he.gif
No Sir, I dont have any ducklings for sale for the rest of the year. Ok he said, Ill go to TSC and see if they have 1!!!!!!
somad.gif
People, I tell you!!

Last edited:
Quote:
TSC has a two duck limit anyway...sigh...the guy might as well ask for a puppy or a goldfish to "release into the wild", they would both live about as long...where do people get all these crazy ideas about "releasing" ducks from anyway?
hu.gif
he.gif

Speaking of laws, that is illegal as well...
rant.gif

OK, this is one of those -if they are not being trouble and you are not releasing them...

Kinda like my chickens, I can or cannot have them depending on two different zoning codes... Its frustrating because I can't tell which one applies to me-

However soon I'll be a farm (for three years) and therefore be protected from nuisance complaints. (not zoning ones)...

If no one is harassing you about them I wouldn't freak out about it, you bet if you get caught releasing ducks you'll get heavily fined...

That's really what they want, they figure if you want to keep them and you are willing to get a permit and inspection you know better then releasing them.

Quote:
This would have been alot better if you would have NICELY Informed the person that they shouldnt release them in wild.Try to educate them at the very least. But always try to be NICE FIRST.Duck chick this is the MAIN reasons for"releases" They dont know any better.Help them understand!!!! But once the hate begins it all goes downhill from there. Did you explain to him why you dont sell singles? Also edited to say Firetigris nailed it on last post.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom