Ducks in the Winter

ggiunta

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2020
Hi All,

I’m a new Duck Mom and this is my first winter with my babies outside. I have a pen with pine chip bedding in it and I wanted to make sure that was good enough for them to stay warm.

Thanks!

As long as the are fully feathered, they don't need any additional heat or anything extra. Straw bedding I think help hold heat better. Plus it is softer on there feet. Apparently, shavings are hard on there teensy feet and to them if feels like standing on a hard board for ever.
x2

My vet told me to use straw or hay. Lots of members have different personal opinions on substrates.

Hi All,

I’m a new Duck Mom and this is my first winter with my babies outside. I have a pen with pine chip bedding in it and I wanted to make sure that was good enough for them to stay warm.

Thanks!
Well, what does your coop look like...pics?
Where do you live?
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1607206618735.png

Well, what does your coop look like...pics?
Where do you live?
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 2438191
Thank you for the advice. I am new here and don’t know how to use this site. I live in the suburbs of Philly. It gets pretty cold here in the winter. So far the coldest has been 32. I can post pics tomorrow during the day if their coop. Thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom