Ducks love rain and high water

Carcajou

Songster
9 Years
Jul 3, 2012
Delhi, New York
Got almost 3" of rain Thursday night and Friday so now my spring-fed pond is overflowing. Here are some photos of my six Khakis wallowing in the overflow inside their enclosure. They sure do like all the puddles created by the storm especially the high water in and around the pond. They can currently swim right up to the gate. Gotta love 'em! Also enjoying the 4 eggs per day my five girls are laying.

Got almost 3" of rain Thursday night and Friday so now my spring-fed pond is overflowing. Here are some photos of my six Khakis wallowing in the overflow inside their enclosure. They sure do like all the puddles created by the storm especially the high water in and around the pond. They can currently swim right up to the gate. Gotta love 'em! Also enjoying the 4 eggs per day my five girls are laying.

Ducks love water.. and mud
wink.png
they sure look like they are enjoying themselves.

yes it's always fun to watch our ducks when it rains, our chickens go running for cover but the ducks run around in the rain having a ball!!

Just some light rain and moderate wind in the Catskills right now and the ducks are out there doing what ducks do, and enjoying it. I did get their attention a while ago when I walked out on the porch with some lettuce!

Our duckies have dug up a small spring in our side yard - we had to fence it off because our lawn is now g.o.n.e. - dang mud-puppies!
We're getting quite a bit of wind now, but the duckers are still lovin' it!
stay safe all!

Our duckies have dug up a small spring in our side yard - we had to fence it off because our lawn is now g.o.n.e. - dang mud-puppies!
We're getting quite a bit of wind now, but the duckers are still lovin' it!
stay safe all!
Sounds like ya'll are getting the brunt of it, Be careful and get out quick if you have to. We're getting the wrap around from it.

Back
Top Bottom