Ducks love rain and high water

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Carcajou, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    Got almost 3" of rain Thursday night and Friday so now my spring-fed pond is overflowing. Here are some photos of my six Khakis wallowing in the overflow inside their enclosure. They sure do like all the puddles created by the storm especially the high water in and around the pond. They can currently swim right up to the gate. Gotta love 'em! Also enjoying the 4 eggs per day my five girls are laying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Ducks love water.. and mud [​IMG] they sure look like they are enjoying themselves.

3. DirtyAnkleDucks

DirtyAnkleDucks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2012
    yes it's always fun to watch our ducks when it rains, our chickens go running for cover but the ducks run around in the rain having a ball!!

4. Carcajou

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    They sure do DirtyAnkle and are doing so again today. I just love watching and being retired I have plenty of time to do so!

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Looks like typical ducks to me [​IMG] Our area is a quagmire right now... they love it though.

6. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    We're getting rain/snow from Sandy right now and the ducks are just out there having themselves a blast.

7. Carcajou

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    Just some light rain and moderate wind in the Catskills right now and the ducks are out there doing what ducks do, and enjoying it. I did get their attention a while ago when I walked out on the porch with some lettuce!

8. kellypepperk

kellypepperk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2012
    Delaware County, NY
    Our duckies have dug up a small spring in our side yard - we had to fence it off because our lawn is now g.o.n.e. - dang mud-puppies!
    We're getting quite a bit of wind now, but the duckers are still lovin' it!
    stay safe all!

9. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Sounds like ya'll are getting the brunt of it, Be careful and get out quick if you have to. We're getting the wrap around from it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by