Duck's "manhood" hanging out

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I'm glad you found the info you needed. Whew. I don't know how I'd do it if I had too. Glad I haven't so far! This is a limerick waiting to happen. So here's one:

A Runner who wasn't picky,
Couldn't find a hen for a quickie,
But while hanging alone
To an accident he was prone,
And now the poor duckie boasts a much shorter --ie.

Quote:
Actually it's pretty serious, even though it sounds funny. I have a very old book by Holderreed which discuss es the problem.

Under most circumstances, a drake with this disability should be killed immediately. If the bird is valuable and his problem is discovered before the penis has become infected or dried out, there is a possibility of recovery. To treat, wash and then disinfect the organ with an antibacterial ointment and isolate the drake where he has clean swimming water. Keep the bird in isolation and apply the ointment until he is fully recovered, which may require several weeks or longer.

Quote:
Actually it's pretty serious, even though it sounds funny. I have a very old book by Holderreed which discuss es the problem.

Under most circumstances, a drake with this disability should be killed immediately. If the bird is valuable and his problem is discovered before the penis has become infected or dried out, there is a possibility of recovery. To treat, wash and then disinfect the organ with an antibacterial ointment and isolate the drake where he has clean swimming water. Keep the bird in isolation and apply the ointment until he is fully recovered, which may require several weeks or longer.

I was thinking the same thing, that it would continue to decay inside the body and cause an infection.

Back
Top Bottom